Work and Live

Hi you all:)
First of all id like to say -What a great site this is..
My question is if you think it will be hard finding a job in malta? it doesnt have to be great paid but just to get me living..to pay for a roof over my head and food..im looking for a simple life..
i know maltese sallary isnt that big at all..but lets say can i make a simple living with a job like cleaner,dishwasher, driver, delivering,resturant jobs? and is it hard to get these jobs?

Hi EM12,

welcome to the forum.

Those kind of jobs are quite easy to find. There are many listed at the ETC office in Valletta. Pay is usually around 200 € /week but many only earn minimum wage which is near 4€/hour.

That should be enough for a simple life with shared accomodation but not more.

Don't you have any qualifications that could get you a better job ?

Cheers
Ricky

You could try looking at some posts here:

https://www.expat.com/forum/341-5-work-in-malta.html

Good luck.

Are you an EU citizen ?

Yes Im an EU citizen..

I got an education for working with elderly and disabled persons of all ages..

And sure i got alot of positive personal skills and ive worked alot within telesales and tele research..
and  hotel and reception.. im good with customers and people of all kind.

:)

Hi EM12,

Caring for elderly and disabled in Malta would certainly require speaking and understanding Maltese.

Telesales and languages could point towards i-gaming in Malta which is quite well paid.

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Caring for elderly and disabled in Malta would certainly require speaking and understanding Maltese.

unless focus on the foreigners as a private carer

Hi EM12,

I reckon you won't have many problems finding that kind of jobs here in Malta, especially now that summer is coming, hotels and restaurants are looking for some extra staff.

Just an example, me and my wife just arrived about 2 weeks ago and she already has I job to start next Monday, on a 4 star hotel (SeaBank Hotel) here in Mellieha. And I can tell you that they looking for quite a lot of ppl at the moment for the housekeeping department. She will get paid around 4.75€ per hour, which I reckon that for start, isn't too bad.

Good Luck!

Hi

Many thanks to all of you for your response and information..

Hi Mantonas,
Silvia here again!
Sorry to bother you... Could you please tell me if I need to have a residence card to work?
I will be coming to Malta in 2 weeks time and start looking for a job immediately. I will accept anything for the beginning... I just wanted to know if it will be possible to work without the id or not?
If it will be possible,how do they pay me if I don't have a bank account?
Thanks in advance for your time,
Silvia

"Could you please tell me if I need to have a residence card to work?" if EU citizen, no you don't

Hi Silvia,

No, you won't need an ID card in order to get a job. My partner just started a new job today and we will only have the appointment for the eResidence doc in August.

In regards to the payment, they said they will pay her via cheque until she gets her bank account sorted, so, you should be ok too.

Let me know when you get here, coz on the Hotel she's working now, they are looking for quite a lot staff for the housekeeping department.

Good luck!

well done antonio

toonarmy9752 wrote:

well done antonio

Thanks toon, my pleasure ;)

nuriaspotOn wrote:

Hi,

I work for a Recruitment Agency, SpotOn Connectins.
We have many different vacancies.

You can forward your CV to me on [email protected]

I will try to help you with any question that you might have and, of course, regarding the job matter. :)

May I ask do you have jobs on Gozo also? Thanks

Ok thanks.

mantonas wrote:

Hi Silvia,

No, you won't need an ID card in order to get a job. My partner just started a new job today and we will only have the appointment for the eResidence doc in August.

In regards to the payment, they said they will pay her via cheque until she gets her bank account sorted, so, you should be ok too.

Let me know when you get here, coz on the Hotel she's working now, they are looking for quite a lot staff for the housekeeping department.

Good luck!

Nice going!  My wife & I will be landing next week.  We'll be looking for similar work and that's encouraging to hear.  Nice one!

Good luck too to the OP too! :)

bh73 wrote:

Good luck!
Nice going!  My wife & I will be landing next week.  We'll be looking for similar work and that's encouraging to hear.  Nice one!

Good luck too to the OP too! :)

Feel free to contact me back as well if you need, I'll be more than happy to provide you with further details in regards to anymore available vacancies on the hotel where my partner works.

Good luck!

Antonio

Cheers Antonio, we'll get settled first and have a look around then see what happens.  Thank you, it's appreciated. :)

Hello there!
Thank you a lot for your reply!
I will be there from the 5th.
Will contact you or your wife! ;-)
Thanks again!
See you soon!
Silvia

SilviaG wrote:

Hello there!
Thank you a lot for your reply!
I will be there from the 5th.
Will contact you or your wife! ;-)
Thanks again!
See you soon!
Silvia

Ok Silvia, that's fine!
Send me a PM when you get here and I will send you all the details for the position.

Have a safe journey! ;)

Hello there!
Hope you are well!!
I arrived today and from tomorrow I will be looking for a job properly.
Could you please tell me if they are still looking for people where your wife works? You can email me to: [email protected]
Thanks in advance!
Silvia

Hi SilviaG,

Just sent you a PM with all the details!

Best of luck ;)

Cheerio,
Antonio