Exit reentry visa

hi everyone

When does an exit reentry visa expire? A month after paying for it or a month after leaving the country?

I paid for it 6 weeks ago and I didn't leave the country. I am going on holiday in 2 weeks so I don't know if I have to reapply for a new one.

Thank you very much

Kate

Hi Kate,
The counting of the days of your visa validity will start from the day you leave the country so you don't need to pay for a new visa.

General roles;
•When issuing an exit re-entry visa, its valid for three months (you can leave the country any time during those three months). and the validity of the visa is usually either 1m, 3m or 6m (some times even 9m or 12m)
•You need to cancel the exit re-entry visa if you didn't use it otherwise you will pay a fine of SR1000
•The counting of the visa days( visa validity) starts from the day they stamp exit on your passport
•The visa validity will follow the Arabic Lunar calendar  (Hijiri calendar ) for example, if you left Saudi today the 18th of Jumada(I) which is  March,30th your month will be up and you need to come back to the country before  the 18th  Jumada(II)(28th April) and not 30th of April. This difference will be felt more with the 6 months exit re-entry visa where the difference will reach up to 6-8 days.

Cheers,

Thank you so much. It makes things easier.