Messaging

hey, what is the rule about exchanging messages here?

Rule Nol. 1 - Private messaging is NOT activated for new members (or existing members who have been inactive since before the Anti-Spam system was put into operation) you must 'activate' your mailboxes by participating in a meaningful way in the forums. This means reply to topics posted, post your own topics, introduce yourself. Just a posting saying "Hi" does not count, so don't go there. The more you participate the larger the capacity your mailboxes will have.

Rule No. 2 - Do not send copy & paste private messages. This by definition is SPAM and if you send out more than 5 your mailboxes will get locked out by the Anti-Spam System.

Rule No. 3 - Keep an eye on the mailbox gauge and delete old messages in both of them when you see it's getting full or you won't receive any new messages once it's full. Anyone sending you private messages will be informed that their message was not sent because the recipient's mailbox is full.

Rule No. 4 - Don't send unsolicited messages trying to offer or solicit some kind of personal relationship or messages that are in any way abusive or obscene. This is a violation of the rules and if reported can result in your membership getting cancelled.

Rule No. 5 - If you receive any abusive, threatening or offensive private messages report them immediately using the REPORT button at the bottom of the message. It will be investigated by TEAM and appropriate action taken.

Hope this answers all your questions.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Ignore him.  The rule is that you're supposed to send the exact same PM to 100 different total strangers and they should all say "what up".

Anyway he insisted so much that we had to close his account :/

People are funnier than anything.

On the messaging note,  why do keep getting private messages from freaks who keep asking me for help to either come to UK or get others to UK do I look like some travel agent?
I think this site is being misused by some people and that is worrying

Hello
its normal thing to get people asking you to describe to them the life abroad or to help them its happened with me already i have got many questions about the life in dubai and i answered its easy  and normal Because its social website .

Meet expats all over the world

OR