Cost of Living in Rennes

Hi everyone!

I've just received a job offer in Rennes, and although the salary looks frighteningly low compared to what I'm used to in the US, I realize I have nothing to really base that on!  I was wondering if anyone could advise:

1) what is a decent salary in this region?  I don't live a lavish lifestyle, but would like to be able to live off of my salary without feeling like I'm a starving student again :)

2) How much money does a single person need to live off of per month in Rennes including rent in the city (but a small space is fine), utilities, groceries, etc.  I'd like to have some money left over to be able to travel around France a bit, so I'm trying to figure out what is reasonable in terms of living expenss and if I'll have any spending money left over!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Cody99!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Hi,

This is Krisztina, and I am trying to relocate to Rennes for my studies. May I ask you if you have found you way in Rennes? What is your experience in terms of cost of living and jobwise?

Thanks for contacting me,

Krisztina

HI there,

Thanks very much for your post.

Do you mean the cost of living in Rennes is generally 700 euros/month?

Krisztina

Hi,

Thanks for your reply again, the information is really useful.:)

May I ask you what do you study in Rennes? How do you support yourself? Do you need to work part-time?
On average, what is your cost of living consist? ( Such as how much do you spend on food, do you need to pay for the travel card, etc..? )
Could I ask for your e-mail address? Mine is: [email protected]

Unfortunately I would need to make urgent decisions, as from September would start my Human resources management course taught in English in Rennes. I was already asked for submit the deposit.

But at first, I really wanted to make sure if I find any job to support myself, as I would need to earn the cost of living. On the first basis I thought of live-in nanny jobs, or looking after elderly people.

You were more brave than me relocating from a different continent! :)

Krisztina

Yes 700 euros should ne sufficient
If u live l'île a student
More infos a aimable If wished
Cordialement