France's most expensive cities

Hello everyone,

What are the most expensive cities to live in France? What are the costs of things such as rent, utilities, weekly groceries, dining out, etc.?

What is the lifestyle like in these cities, for expats and locals?

What are the different neighbourhoods like? Are there more affordable areas?

Do you have any experience living in any of France's most expensive cities? What was it like?

Which cities in France would you recommend? Are there any that offer particularly good value for money when it comes to cost of living?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla.

in my opinion,
the most expensive cities to live in France are Paris, south of France (near beach).
For cost you mention that , i think paris more variety , there's being cheap and expensive depended by quality. Lifestyle in the city of paris more to the city of business, because various citizens people living there,  in southern france more to the second house for the french people and rich people ( locals and expats ) who lived close to the beach.
I have lived in paris before married , then we moved on the suburbs of paris because in paris too noisy and it is difficult to buy a house with reachable price because in paris most of the building is apartment and apartment have no the backyard, but lived in the suburbs paris can still access uses a train (30 minutes) it is more efficient if you are looking for certain products Because in paris many products that are in import of many countries.

Cheers.

Hero = 0. And 0 =. Can be Hero. You know that ? What you think about life? Lots of money, luxurious car , house, power , OR happy life. And happy life means I think poor man , money can't make you happy.

Bonjour Pricilla,
                            Well we have see a few places in France and we enjoy so much that we are moving out to a little farm we have purchased in Lower Normandy, its to hot for us down south so we feel we have picked a good area,

Regards  Bonnie & Clyde.