Process of Working Visa application in Malaysia

Hi,

I am Dinesh from India, and am moving to Malaysia for a job.

I just want to know what is the process of Visa application in Malaysia? Also do I need to apply for Visa from India, or the Malaysian company will apply for Visa from Malaysia?

Is there any way to check the Status of Visa application in Malaysia online?

I will be really grateful if you can provide me with this information.

Thanks and Regards,
Dinesh

Hi your employer has to get an employment pass for you. They should have told you this!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. They said that they have applied for the Visa, and it is in 1st stage application. So I want to know the different stages of Visa application in Malaysia. Also if there is any way online to check the Visa Status.

Regards,
Dinesh

take care,,,lot of scam companies promising jobs, once you make payment you wont hear from them any more

Well, I don't know how did you apply through any company that is arranging ur visa because as per my complete information there is no way that a person can get professional work permit for Malaysia from his home country (with some exceptions for Dr. Eng. Lawyer of other high designations)even a job...! All u have to full fill a condition and that is to apply for visit visa and then Enter Malaysian job market and then apply by physical existence in Malaysia. All other offerings at your home country are the scam.

Actually one of my friend is already working in that company, and he referred me to that company. So I was interviewed and got selected. So I wanted to know about the visa process in Malaysia. Company says that they have applied for my Visa and it is in 1st stage. What are the different stages of visa application in Malaysia?

You have to enter Malaysia on a tourist visa and get employment pass when here. Online you must be kidding this is Malaysia lol. Your company needs to tell you what todo as when entering Malaysia they should have at it up so you can declare you are working but safer to say for tourism.

There are no such thing as stages. They mean that have submitted an application .

There are stages when applying  via MDeC, stage 1 means they have submitted your application to MDeC for approval.

FYR: expats.com.my/expats/theme/theme1/procedures/s2_ep_appguide.html

You can also check the status of your application on expats.com.my, there is a link on the front page (note: this only works when work permit is applied via MDeC)

I am from India , I am intrested to work in malaysia , but a thing is i had a arrear . is this possible to get a job to me in malaysia with arrear .. Please inform me as soon as possible.

[moderated: please post in job section.]

If its a reputed company, you should not be too worried. Certainly company will guide you on the process, i.e. You will carry a separate set of docs upon entering malaysia even when you entering first time. Since your contract would be more than a year i assumed Hence you may not carry a return ticket, if so naturally immigration officer will question you... Because you carry a tourist visa with one way ticket:-)... U must have proper documents from the company or sometimes u might need ur company HR rep to attend you personally. It all depends on the immigration oficer. Just to cut short, come with proper documents to avoid troubles:-) my five cents...