I need all information about belgium

hello,

i am a dutch national living in the hague. i want to live in belgium! i need to know what the income requirements are.
wich city is the best for living!
does some body know what the procedure is to get a 5 years card.
please tell me in detail.
i am married! my husband lives in pakistan. i want to bring him here after settling down in belgium.
what is the procedure to bring him here!
which method is the best!

thank u

I'm wondering what you think a 5 years card is. As a Dutch national, you register your presence like everyone else, Belgian or not, you are not obliged to buy the residents' card but you can if you want, normally but not always it's validity is 5 years and there is no significance to the 5. If a communal official is not too happy about you being a burden, you'll get 6 months initially. You'll get nothing if you have no income. You need an income to get residency, if you're not Belgian.

It's impossible to say which city is best for living, if there were one 11 million Belgian residents would be living there and not throughout the whole country. The best city is the one you want to live in???!!!

For family reunification, a dependent applies at the Belgian embassy, like all other people who are visa nationals wishing to come to Belgium.

Hi schoolmum,

first i want to thank u for your information?
and second is it possible to talk to you in private?

Hope to hear from you soon as possible

Thanks

Hi Friends,
          Belgium officially the Kingdom of Belgium, is a federal state in Western Europe. It is a founding member of the European Union and hosts the EU's headquarters as well as those of several other major international organisations such as NATO.Belgium covers an area of 30,528 square kilometers, and it has a population of about 11 million people.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,
           Straddling the cultural boundary between Germanic and Latin Europe, Belgium is home to two main linguistic groups, the Dutch-speakers,mostly Flemish, and the French-speakers (about 40%), mostly Walloon s, plus a small group of German-speakers. Belgium's two largest regions are the Dutch-speaking region of Flanders in the north and the French-speaking southern region of Wallonia.

Thanks

Hi,
   The Brussels-Capital Region, officially bilingual, is a mostly French-speaking enclave within the Flemish Region.A German-speaking Community exists in eastern Wallonia.Belgium's linguistic diversity and related political conflicts are reflected in the political history and a complex system of government.

Thanks

Hi,
   Historically, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg were known as the Low Countries, which used to cover a somewhat larger area than the current Benelux group of states. The region was called Belgica in Latin because of the Roman province Gallia Belgica which covered more or less the same area. From the end of the Middle Ages until the 17th century.

Thanks

Hi Friends,
          I am Shivam kumar. I am lived in India. I have enjoined this forum to learn about new things and want to share my views with you.

Thanks

Hi Shivamkumar55,

Thank you for your information.
I would like to know more... like what are the income requirements to stay in belgium

thanks

The income requirements are that the same as in any other country, that you are able to support yourself without asking for state support.

HI schoolmum,

I don't want to live on government support.
i have income but does the government see this as income??
i get allimentation for my children, i work part time and i have saved money. does this all count ass income.
another question if some one (relative) writes a letter he/she wants to support me by paying me monthly a specific amount. does this also count as income??

thank u

I'm not sure why you are asking me? Go and register yourself in Belgium wherever you are and ask those questions.

Income is money coming in, what else could it be? It of course has to be real income you are already receiving, not just a promise letter for the future. The amount of income you need to support yourself will be determined by your personal circumstances ie where you live, how many people depend on you, how much you spend on rent/mortgage.

To live anywhere in Belgium as a single person, I guess it would take a minimum income of 600 euro a month. Where I live even that would be difficult, think more of 1000 euro a month.

Im with Schoolmum on this one.
If you have a valid income (From a job, be it part time or fulltime) that is enough to pay your rent, taxes and support your family then that's generally what you'll need to survive.
A promissory letter from a relative won't be seen as an income.
You will need to decide where you would like to live, there are BIG differences between cities, ranging from language barriers to taxation rates. Its all a personal choice

It's simple enough really to do what you are asking,
1. Chose where you want to live (usually based on your income)
2. Find a job in your chosen town/city
3. Register in the stadhuis (town hall)
4. Live your life happily ever after.

I don't know where the idea of a 5 year card came from as since you state that you are a Dutch National you are afforded the same rights/privileges as any other EU citizen.

you will need to look into the correct procedure if you want to bring your husband across to Belgium.

Good luck with your move :-)