Does this sound correct?

Hello. Can anyone advise the grade level and basic salary to expect as an Assistant Professor at JIC? I'm from the U.S., have a PhD, and have taught 2 yrs on the college/university level, but have over 10 yrs of full-time work experience. Also, are offers negotiable before signing?

Yes Offers are very much Negotiable !!

That's great news. Thanks for the quick response saimans. Do you happen to know someone who could be helpful on the other questions? It's so difficult to gauge salaries. I get so much conflicting info.

Agree with saimans and Yes it's very difficult to gauge salaries over here. And this also depends on the color of the passport you hold. If you are an American, you will be way above others in the same competitive field.

Thanks Popli. I appreciate the reply. I'm always told about the passport advantage, but I haven't experienced it when previously working in Saudi. Also my colleague, who's also an American Phd with plenty of work experience, but just 2 yrs of college/university teaching experience, received an offer from the Royal Commission of Jubail which was very low...much lower than what he would make as a starting Assistant Professor in the States. It almost nullified the tax break, housing, and medical that's provided. Very unexpected to say the least.

not all fields/levels have an advantage here in saudi.  sometimes its not worth it for sure

Ideally salaries are decided as per job weight determined through JE and compared against Market pay trends / scales. So normally intelligent employers , yes even in KSA has bench-marked studies and decide on a grading structure and pay range. Most companies are following this pattern now and the advantage of the passport is slowly disappearing. Your salary & grade would depend on the level of job you are offered and its complexities.

Thanks for the reply HRGuru. But I was able to find out some offers that were far below market value when considering specifics of job, employee qualifications, and experience. I guess there's no true way to gauge salary expectations in Saudi Colleges/Universities.

justadude wrote:

Thanks for the reply HRGuru. But I was able to find out some offers that were far below market value when considering specifics of job, employee qualifications, and experience. I guess there's no true way to gauge salary expectations in Saudi Colleges/Universities.

It's so @justadude in the overall job market of KSA and not only the educational institutions. No enough trustable true ways exist to gauge salaries.

What HRGuru said is an fast expanding trend but exceptions are enormous.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
justadude wrote:

It's so @justadude in the overall job market of KSA and not only the educational institutions. No enough trustable true ways exist to gauge salaries.

What HRGuru said is an fast expanding trend but exceptions are enormous.

:one

True still the gap is enormous. Hey but I did say intelligent employers :D

Hi
Does anyone know about Jubail Industrial College way of recrruitment?
Back 2012 I had an interview, and they asked me to await the offer from the royal high commision for Jubail and Yanbu.
I have not heard from them since. Just curiosity. I undestand it as no reply no offer ! or is it?

GlobalMan

Globalman wrote:

Hi
Does anyone know about Jubail Industrial College way of recrruitment?
Back 2012 I had an interview, and they asked me to await the offer from the royal high commision for Jubail and Yanbu.
I have not heard from them since. Just curiosity. I undestand it as no reply no offer ! or is it?

GlobalMan

I dont know their way of recruitment, but in general it takes time for a decision to be made in KSA. If this has been more than 3 months then you can assume that its cancelled.