Economy and Salary in Kampala

Hello Everybody I have an job offer of $2000 per month + Accommodation in Kampala, how is the economy of Kampala? this much salary is enough?

Hello milin5.

Welcome to the forum! :)

For more interaction, a new thread has been created from your message on the Kampala forum.

Do not hesitate to browse the other threads on the Kampala forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

If it is an Indian company then say you need cash every month
Do not let them keep your passport
Tell them that you would come for 1 month and if you find every thing alright then only you will continue or an yearly contract basis or you will go back on your employers expanses.
If you are coming with famlity and kids be much more vary of your emloyer, especially if he is an Indian or of Indian origin.

Please remember " All that gliters is not GOLD".

Regards
Praveen

Hi Everybody,

I am Faheem Raja from Hyderabad, India. I've been offered a job as a cad engineer (Kampala) with salary of 1400$ + accommodation. Is that good enough to survive with this number?? :)

Thanks

Hello!! Thats a good salary for the post but how long is the assignment??
Please  make sure you take your salary every month and prefereably cash or transfered into your local bank account  in Uganda but not in India.
Please define the contract well b4 u say yes.

TC

Hello Nimitz,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I'll check with the details which you've mentioned.

ur welcome.
just remember all that gliters is not gold and kindly do not let yourself be exploited.
you said ur comingin as a CAD guy?? right!! Is it a comp owned by indian's ( Aga Khani) Gujrati or the person you is offering you job on behalf of some company? I think their is a CATCH as here they ( the above mentioned tribes) do not offer that kind of money for a CAD expert..,
It is just my view, I still would advise you 2 double check everything expecially the contract and insist on seeing a signed copy; not that you can do much with it but it would surely give you satisfaction of sought!!
TC

If you are offered accomodation and is alone, 2000 USD will be ok.

Kampala is a nice city. There is also night life.

I stayed there in the past.

Nimitz wrote:

Hello!! Thats a good salary for the post but how long is the assignment??
Please  make sure you take your salary every month and prefereably cash or transfered into your local bank account  in Uganda but not in India.
Please define the contract well b4 u say yes.

TC

Hello Nimitz,

Thanks again for ur reply, I didn't get what u said above regarding transfer of salary into d local bank. Could u please xplain why it is preferable to get d salary credited into local bank but not in India.

Regards,
Faheem Raja

u will here stories

Hi Faheem  are you in Kampala now..

This is vijay  from AP now in Uganda.

Regards