Drivers licens in Malta.

Hi there,
I am a swedish male who will be moving to Malta for a few years in the near future. I dont have any drivers license but am thinking of getting one once in Malta (A).
My question is...

Is it possible for me as a non-Maltese citizen to obtain a drivers license there?
Would be really grateful for any help.
Thank you.
//Danny

i have a french drivers license.  can i use it here or should i get a maltese one?

you can just swap your EU license for cheap apparently. No idea about getting a new one...

yes i guess so. i'm currently having driving lessons and i have seen students who aren't maltese and just have a passport an no maltese I.D.

hey i took my driving license here last july. I could have taken it earlier but they will not allow me to take the test without a local ID! Even with a local ID you still have to declare that you've lived here for 6 months and signed by a notary before you're allowed to take the test. So I suppose if you decide to come here and live you're better off applying for a local ID first! =) (of course you can start your lessons without one! they're not expensive here.. about EUR20-22/1.5hrs.. if you need a number of a good instructor lemme know!)

Bring a bundle of brown envelopes with you from Sweden and you'll be able to get anything you want.

including time inside....

foreign driving licence in Malta
britishexpat.com/expatforum/malta/viewtopic.php?t=8892

covers

1. using a foreign licence in Malta
2. converting a foreign driving licence
3. is it sensible to convert ?