Help!!! please :)

Hey to all, I'm looking to move to Lyon to be with my girlfriend. I'm just wondering how did you manage to find a job? For all my efforts I have been unable to find anything. I'm willing to take any job. Is there any advice you could give me? It would be very much appreciated :)cheers and all the best.

Hello welshboiscott.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

What is your professional background?
In which sector are you looking for work?

In meantime, I invite you to read these articles on Work/Labor market in France.

Thank you,
Aurélie

welshboiscott wrote:

Hey to all, I'm looking to move to Lyon to be with my girlfriend. I'm just wondering how did you manage to find a job? For all my efforts I have been unable to find anything. I'm willing to take any job. Is there any advice you could give me? It would be very much appreciated :)cheers and all the best.

Hi ! Unfortunately in France its quite hard to get a job these days... even for french people.
Do you speak french ? Wich kind of jobs are you able to do ?

Hi, thanks for your reply. Unfortunatly I'm not fluent in French. My level of French is very basic but I'm a very fast learner. Everytime i visit i become much better. At the moment I'm a project worker for a charity that helps people with substance missuse issues and help train them to get qualifications and find a job. Which is ironic that i can do it for other people yet when it comes to finding one myself im useless. I'm willing to do any job, i've been looking into working as an au pair but i'm not limiting myself to this type of work. I'm also interested in bar work or anything that would allow me to sustain myself untill i become more fluent and able to search for jobs within my current area of work. Thanks for your time :)