Close

Part time Jobs for Non French (Student)

Hello all,

I would like to know if it's easy to get a part time job in Lyon? I am not native, not a French speaker. But I am considering to come to Lyon and take full time French language class. So yes, I will be here with student visa. While I have savings to cover my living expenses, having a part time job will definitely help even more!

miyakochan :

Hello all,

I would like to know if it's easy to get a part time job in Lyon? I am not native, not a French speaker. But I am considering to come to Lyon and take full time French language class. So yes, I will be here with student visa. While I have savings to cover my living expenses, having a part time job will definitely help even more!

Hi,
It is actually quite difficult to find any part time work and especially so for non French speakers. I tried looking for bar/cafe work and for a few months before I decided to try au pairing/looking after English speaking kids.

It is quite complicated for the employer if you do not have French social security; so you should try and sort that out before you start looking for work.
Good luck & let us know how you get on!

Expatriate health insurance in Lyon

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Lyon

Moving to Lyon

Find tips from professionals about moving to Lyon

Travel insurance in Lyon

Enjoy stress-free travel to Lyon