Part time Jobs for Non French (Student)

Hello all,

I would like to know if it's easy to get a part time job in Lyon? I am not native, not a French speaker. But I am considering to come to Lyon and take full time French language class. So yes, I will be here with student visa. While I have savings to cover my living expenses, having a part time job will definitely help even more!

miyakochan wrote:

Hello all,

I would like to know if it's easy to get a part time job in Lyon? I am not native, not a French speaker. But I am considering to come to Lyon and take full time French language class. So yes, I will be here with student visa. While I have savings to cover my living expenses, having a part time job will definitely help even more!

Hi,
It is actually quite difficult to find any part time work and especially so for non French speakers. I tried looking for bar/cafe work and for a few months before I decided to try au pairing/looking after English speaking kids.

It is quite complicated for the employer if you do not have French social security; so you should try and sort that out before you start looking for work.
Good luck & let us know how you get on!