Job search

Hi everyone!
I am moving to Lyon at the end of summer and I am starting to be bit nervous as I can't find any english speaking job. My french isn't bad but it still isn't fluent. Do you guys have any suggestions where to look, go or call? I have years of bartending experience and I am ready to take basically any job possible..

Thanks a lot! ;)

Lukas

Hi Lukas and welcome to Expat.com!

Have you tried to take a look at the section Jobs in Lyon, it may help.;)
You may post an ad there too.

All the best,
Harmonie.

Various employment agencies in Lyon will be advertising for staff to work nights in cold stores at -25C making up orders for deliveries to supermarkets. You would earn the minimum wage - 9€19 per hour gross. A forklift truck licence would be helpful.

Just have a look in the windows of the job agencies.

Thank you guys!
To post an ad here on the site seems to be worth a try.
And cold store night work is a good tip, i've done that before. I just never saw it being offered anywhere in or around Lyon. Anyways i'll be visiting the city in 3 weeks time so i'll check all I can.

thanks again ;)

Salut!

You could try the English/Irish/Scottish/Australian pubs too - I saw that the Wallace Bar was looking for staff a few weeks ago.

Good luck :)

Salut Jayde!
I even have an impression of knowing Wallace bar :)
Thanks a lot !

Hi there,

I'm also in search of jobs but most admin, like assistant sales manager in an international environnment.

I've basically more than 15yrs of working experience and the number of vacancies or open vacancies in the unemployment agencies are very limited.

Let me know if you hear of an open vacancy and I'll send in my resumé .

TQ and post to me soon.

Sayang 3

Hi Sayang!
Didn't really understand if you aim for some sales managing in Lyon or anywhere in France..still workcircle.co.uk usually has some ads which you would maybe want to look at.

workcircle.co.uk/jobs/france/sales

fingers crossed ;)

TQ Lukas88 for the infos and cheer up for your job in Lyon. As far as I know there are lots of pubs and it's a busy town

Sayang 3