Question About Visit Visa to Employment

Hello all,

This is my first post on Expat.com though I have stumbled on the forum several times before as a result of Oman still not being well established on the internet.

Anyway, I have recently graduated in June and have been looking for a job in Oman since then. During this time I was living here with my family but under a visit/tourist visa that I got on arrival. I have already renewed it twice and was thinking about getting it renewed again when I received an job offer, which I accepted.

The company has offered me a position and are working to get me an employment visa that they say takes two weeks maximum. However, they require me to send them a copy of my cancelled visa which would result in me having to leave Oman. My problem is that I have 2 more days for my visit visa to expire and don't really want to go all the way back to Canada just for two weeks.

Are there any loopholes or alternates? What would you do in my position?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Expat.com mstr.hz!

Hope that you'll soon be advised.;)

Harmonie.

mstr.hz wrote:

Hello all,

This is my first post on Expat.com though I have stumbled on the forum several times before as a result of Oman still not being well established on the internet.

Anyway, I have recently graduated in June and have been looking for a job in Oman since then. During this time I was living here with my family but under a visit/tourist visa that I got on arrival. I have already renewed it twice and was thinking about getting it renewed again when I received an job offer, which I accepted.

The company has offered me a position and are working to get me an employment visa that they say takes two weeks maximum. However, they require me to send them a copy of my cancelled visa which would result in me having to leave Oman. My problem is that I have 2 more days for my visit visa to expire and don't really want to go all the way back to Canada just for two weeks.

Are there any loopholes or alternates? What would you do in my position?

Thanks in advance.

Why don't you go to DUbai... Stay there for 2 weeks, instead of canada. The major purpose is to exit the country (Which by hook or by crook has to be done) as per the procedural ways. So instead of canada, you may select UAE as an option to exit and then enter Oman again!

Hi. I am a newbie in this blog. I find this very much helpful compare to the other site.

Any way, my bestfriend is working in omanair as a flight stewardess for about 4 yrs from now. She offered me to visit here so that i could find a job in oman too.

I had worked in saudia for 2 yrs and i am now taking up my post grad clinical training that will end this feb. i want to consider my friend's offer since i have xperience in gulf country.

My concern is that, is it really possible for me to find a nursing a job in a famous and decent hospital in muscat for a week? Will they offer me a good compensation package even if i will directly apply to them? I mean i wont apply through an agency here in the philippines?

Thanks a lot!

@Schaz
That's a good idea, except that I'm out of time!

Dubai requires a minimum of 3-5 days to process visit visas (or u can pay 250 RO for an express one). Since a flight to Canada costs that much I've decided to just leave Oman and go to another nearby one where I can get visa on arrival and spend a week there.

@raban12
Why don't you create a new topic instead of changing the subject of this one?

Anyway, I don't think u can find work for a week and applying in Oman as a grad is tough (trust me). Ask your friend to hook you up with an interview because that will be you best bet.

Hey mr canadian boy, if u will try to re read my msg, i am not a fresh grad.. I had 4 yrs experience and have several trainings which inthink will qualify me for a certain position, OK????

I am not arguing over you're experience buddy, why don't you re-read my post?

1. Go create a new post instead of hijacking this one.
2. You won't get a job in a week

OK????

To Mods: this issue is resolved and you can close this thread

mstr.hz wrote:

To Mods: this issue is resolved and you can close this thread

Thread closed at the request of the author. :)

Closed