Regarding job offer and cost of living in Malaysia

I have been offered a job in Malaysia & my salary is 4500 MR. (before tax) and I am in a big fix whether to accept it or not

I am currently working in India in a reputed company paying me 5.3 lakhs/annum.

They have asked me to join their office in Sungai Buloh.

Can you please let me know what is the cost of living in Sungai Buloh compared to India?

Also if this salary is enough to make any saving? I have to send 1200 MR back to India to pay my home loans. So is this salary enough to live in Sungai Buloh?

Please help me with this information.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Hi Dinesh!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

well it all depends on what kind of life style you would like to have in malaysia

Hello caesar1956 and Armand,

Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to know if 4500 MR is enough for making a living in Sungai Buloh, if one lives without any partying etc.

so many things to be considered
with or without wife
if with wife and children
how old are the children and what type of schooling
with or without car
what type of accomodation are you looking at
where are you living in india and whats your cost of living in india?
sorry but your question is vague

caesar1956 wrote:

so many things to be considered
with or without wife
if with wife and children
how old are the children and what type of schooling
with or without car
what type of accomodation are you looking at
where are you living in india and whats your cost of living in india?
sorry but your question is vague

Hi,

I am single, and my cost of living in India is roughly 20000 INR which comes to roughly 11 to 1200 MR, which includes fooding, lodging, travelling etc.

with these details,,i am sure someone in this forum would be able to advise you,,someone who has more knowledge about sungai buloh then me

caesar1956 wrote:

with these details,,i am sure someone in this forum would be able to advise you,,someone who has more knowledge about sungai buloh then me

Thank you caesar1956.

I hope somebody will be able to help me out here.

Hi legal min for an expat is 5,000 RM to get an employment pass. You could live off that but not save 1,200 RM unless really poor lifestyle. Actually the red flag is that you being offered an illegal salary! Long barge pole required......

Btw far cheaper in India especially vs KL.

Nemodot wrote:

Hi legal min for an expat is 5,000 RM to get an employment pass. You could live off that but not save 1,200 RM unless really poor lifestyle. Actually the red flag is that you being offered an illegal salary! Long barge pole required......

Btw far cheaper in India especially vs KL.

Thanks Nemodot... Actually I have been offered a job in India, and from there they are sending me to Malaysia, to avoid this legal issue of minimum 5,000 RM.

They are offering 4,500 RM to me there. So I was wondering if that would be enough for me or not to make a living and make some saving there in Sungai Buloh.

Hi Neufmartial,

These are my suggestions for you:

1) Ask your employer to increase the salary to RM5k or RM6k.
2) The salary should be nett. (without tax)
3) Ask for accommodation and other allowances, such as transport allowance.

from what I remember the cost of living is very low but possibly not as low as living in India.  Sungeh Buloh is quite a little way from KL but I do know people that commute.  If you are given free accommodation you should be able to manage on that income and be able to send money back home

fallenwhitedove wrote:

from what I remember the cost of living is very low but possibly not as low as living in India.  Sungeh Buloh is quite a little way from KL but I do know people that commute.  If you are given free accommodation you should be able to manage on that income and be able to send money back home

Hi fallenwhitedove, Thank you for your reply.

you are welcome and good luck