How about including that this blog forbids dating purposes?

Hi
I couldn't help but notice that "dating" is not including in the strictly forbidden list and yet you warn users that this is not a dating website.

Hi Hericles!

We could have a long list of what the site isn't about but i guess everyone knows what it is meant for.
Obviously some "try" to use it for other means but we are here to remind them ;)

Regards
Armand

I used to get PMs from zero post users, asking for dates but I suspect they were more, "Business transactions". Not had any in ages so I suppose the mods must be doing a hot job of keeping such people away.

No website can forbid people from dating each other, but Armand & co seem to be doing a pretty good job of reminding people that this isn't a dating site.

Fred, no one can resist your hopping sheep.

What is not forbidden is not forbidden in this case HaileyinHongKong let's grab a drink tonight.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Fred, no one can resist your hopping sheep.

My sheep is lovely, thank you sweet lady.
You may now ask me out for a date.

The best we can hope for is that many of the members will take the time to read their national forum's Code of Conduct, where it is clearly stated that Expat-blog is not a dating/matchmaking site and asking them not to post anything seeking or offering romantic relationships.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Do you know how irritating it is to get unwanted pm from people you never hear of it?
How can they ask you for a date if they don't know how you look like and who you are and vice versa.

Just saying "Hi" is not very tempting.

I can imagine when you wondering on this blog for a while and you like somebodies posts that you want to know some one better.
In that case you can pm each other.
And there are always the opportunity to organize an expat meeting in your area where you can know them in real life.

wjwoodward wrote:

The best we can hope for is that many of the members will take the time to read their national forum's Code of Conduct, where it is clearly stated that Expat-blog is not a dating/matchmaking site and asking them not to post anything seeking or offering romantic relationships.

Realistically, how many people do you think actually read that?

Primadonna wrote:

How can they ask you for a date if they don't know how you look like and who you are and vice versa.

Oh, they can.  You're underestimating the determination of horny little boys.

That is what I found out.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
Primadonna wrote:

Oh, they can.  You're underestimating the determination of horny little boys.

Exactly.Look a little closer and it quite obvious.And I don't think they're just 'horny little boys'.

Meet expats all over the world

OR