Items included in car rental

Can someone kindly advise what items should be included in the car rental in Dubai to ensure that I am 100% safe on the road ?

Thank you .

What do you mean by items? Rental conditions, or car options?

As for the conditions ... Usually in Dubai, you have three options (options vary from company to company)

Insurance: You have insurance excess, CDW and Super CDW

Insurance excess is included by default in all rentals and means you have to pay a fixed amount (usually around 1500 AED) in case of accidents.

CDW = Collision Damage Waiver ..... For a daily fee, you can lower your excess to 750

Super CDW = for a little more, ur liability could become ZERO ...... I usually prefer this option.

PAI = another additional option, for a small fee (around 10 AED/Day OR 150 AED/month) to cover you and the passengers, in case you get injured in an accident

You can rent a GPS to avoid having to stop to ask for directions, however, my advice if you are renting for a long period (1 month), it's more economical to buy your own. A basic GPS model (like the one they rent out) will cost around 400-600 AED ..... However GPS rent is 10-15 AED/day .....

You need a bluetooth headset or speakerphone (if the car is not equipped with one), to avoid running up traffic tickets

You need to check with the rental agency, if they will top up your Salik tag (and then you pay when you return the car), or you have to top up yourself (if you pass through a Salik gate with insufficient balance, you will be fined 50 AED/gate !)

Last but not least, book your rental online. Back in 2010, I remember the online rate for Thrifty (www.thriftyuae.com) was HALF the walk-in rate !!!

Thank you Egyptian. I have noted your infor in my notebook. I am looking for the cheap and reliable car rental companies. The price is different for the same 1.3 Toyota yaris.

dannysuz wrote:

Thank you Egyptian. I have noted your infor in my notebook. I am looking for the cheap and reliable car rental companies. The price is different for the same 1.3 Toyota yaris.

Try thriftyuae.com, sixt.com, dollar.com ..... They are the best and cheapest