Considerations for buying a used car

I am considering buying a used car but not an old one so i can save some money. say 2010 or 2009 model.
i realized that the prices in authorized resellers like alfotaim is way higher than those imported cars from north America.
of course resellers offer warrantee, service, etc but all these cannot still compensate the difference in price from private sellers.

basically i am interested in buying a top range Rav4 2010 with as low mileage as possible.
any advice is appreciated.

:)

Hi firstlastcase!

You should post an advert in the Buy and Sell section of Dubai classifieds.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

hi there!

second hands are really cool here because locals keep on updating their cars and expats dont you use a car more than a yr or two infact they usually prefer brand new so what ever you find will not be OLD or rotten.

If you re in Abu dhabi drive up till the end of airport street but before the bridge not at the one next to carfoure the bridge before that. It is a much smaller bridge. Anyways before the bride on the right you can find like 10 shops selling second hand vehicles.  I advise you to go to REEM Cars. A very decent honest man works there. So you wont be ripped off! Goodluck :D

[ message moderated: no free ad on the forum please register in the Dubai business directory. Thanks.]

I would be wary of buying cars from dealers. Suggest you check Dubizzle.com for offers.

Never ever go with an American import.

Most likely it will be "unfit for road" car, flood damaged/ scrapped off in US and rebuilt here in UAE.
Will work well for a few days and then within days will start giving you nightmares.

Don't let yourself fall into the trap. Beware.

I agree with you, go for a car with known history, still under warranty