Driving Instructors asking Bribery - Dubai

Dear friends

I am now having my driving class with Dubai based Driving center Dubai, till now i had 3 instructors 2 Indians and 1 Filipino.

I am an Indian so i prefered for Indians to teach me, i had a 5+ year old Indian license 20 classes were needed.

My first instructor was a Malabari (Indian) he asked me bribery as (Dakshina, its a type of bribery). I had given him 100 AEd as bribery.

The second one was a Filipino.

The third one assigned is a Malabari, he asked me 200 AED to teach me well to attend the assessment test.

I didn't paid the money and i passed assessment @ first chance, but the school guys again asked me to attend 8 class and go for road test.

Today i went for the driving and i was assigned the old guy . , he is telling again started asking money.I was ready to give him money but when i started driving he was teasing me with sounds and making fun of me with his laziness,very careleess assistance, asked for lane change 2 times within 1 hour, and even consumed 20 mints of my driving time for his lunch also.

I am really fed up and was about to show my arrogance, but my patience wins my mind that time so i didn't reacted.

I dont know what i do?.  Please share your views if you passes through these situations.

Regards
Vysh

thenational.ae/news/uae-news/courts/bribery-charges-at-dubai-driving-school

if you are not maintaining a good relation with the instructor .. they will never help you or teach you in propely, and you are worried about "lane change 2 times within 1 hour?" within seconds you should change lines if the road is clear. any way best of luck for your test ..

^i am worried coz i can only change lanes once he ask to do so. Today he told 2 times within one hour.

Your post sounds like you are one among them.

you saying you got 5ys driving exp in India, then why you need 1hr to change line? dear i was not having any license from india nd i got it here at my second test, i kept my instuctor happy and follwed them, if he ask to change line change it, until he is not sure that the line is clear he will not ask to do so.

Benson i didn't told i need 1 hour to change lane. i just need fraction of a second if the road is clear.

But we can change lanes only if our instructor ask us to do so. He is sitting lazy like " a passenger in a public bus". i cant do according to my wish.

I need to practice lane change and all for the final time, driving on a straight road is not a big deal.

i hope i made it clear for you

talk to your instructor .. tel him this is what you need and ask him what should you do for that .. i'm saying until you are not keeping hm happy he will never help you .. i have seen instructors asking people to clean cars .. its your need .. you need the license not the instructor .. so talk to him ..

@ benson

60 AED / class and driving only on straight roads , only 2 lane change command in one hour, no roundabouts,no parking assistance.

what a fate

is there any way to complain to the driving school or the RTA?

no use! they will only change the instructor .. and i dont know about registering complaint with RTA

i dnt have problems for giving him money, but a malyalies(mallus) an Indian is doing this, he ill do this to all even to those who doesn't have even money to spend.

I saw many people (labors) trying to take license for their living.If these creepers are doing this what they ill do.

So blesson since 2006 you are in dubai and you are ready to bribery. Bribery is for favor, but this is not a favor i already paid money then y should i pay extra?

i dont understand

after my first class the instructor aske me money and i said i dont have money now i will pay later when i have money and he was giving instructions as normal, and after one week i paid 100/- and the total way of teaching chaged, he took me to an open ground near qusais and taught me there, and he took me to road after both of ur were confident. but unfortunatel i didnt pass my first test, then for second time i got another and i paid him without asking and i told him i dont want to drive in straight road i want u-turns and roundabout, and he gave me taining only for that .. thats the reason i said unless the guys are happy the will not give proper instruction. i'm not forcing you to pay i said my experience

^ i filed a complaint against the instructor, here comes the content.

To whom so ever it may concern.

In continuation of our discussion on phone I am sending this mail.

Myself Vyshak Anand , my driving file number is HO14100, opened file first week of August. I am forced to lodge a  complaint because your instructor Mr (Tutor) has been repeatedly asking money for BETTER  TUTORING.

He asked 200 AED for teaching how to attend  assessment test, but I didn't pay him the money, I passed my assessment test but was advised to attend 8 more classes. Since it was difficult to change instructors I opted the same person Mr (Tutor). Since I am a customer I want better services and I was ready to pay him for better services. Today  I  resumed my additional 8  classes after EID holidays and he abused me for not paying him last day.

He was singing inside during my classes and disturbing me rather than train me to appear for my upcoming  final test .He was sitting exactly like a “Normal Passenger in a public Transport Bus” rather than to act as a good tutor. He told me to park beside the restaurant so that he could buy food  and made  me wait inside  car, which made me lose my valuable 10 mints class.

This is very bad for a professionally qualified organization like (driving school) with tutors like him. I joined (driving school)knowing you are good in services, but this forcing me to reconsider my statement and to refer my colleagues.

I demand now to  change my instructor to a good one who can give me proper training for my final test. Since I have classes tomorrow @ 1 pm I need to arrange a new instructor.

Let me know whether I should go to any higher authority for this. Looking forward for your reply

Blesson, i got my license @ first chance today

Gifted with a good instructor

cheers.

I registered in this forum just to tell you GOD BLESS YOU FOR REPORTING!!

People like you make the lives of the rest of us easier and better.

Thank you.

Cheers..

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]

The same thing was happening with me also when i went to take the training. As Blesson was said we need to keep them happy with out loosing much money.
My trainer was a pakistani. He openly asked money after i got passed the written test and that was 200. But i managed to get the lisence without giving them a single phils. But i had to spent some money for tea and coffee and cigarattes. You know we should keep them happy.

It is illegal to bribe, though this has become a bad practice.  You have to report at the first instance, or confront the person directly.  UAE Law will support you.

why that instructor is doing this ? cant you change the driving school and get another one ? try and get a non indian instrcutor as driver.

appreciate actions of yshanand. How long we can pay bribery and encourage those people

OMG! gudluk

For me too, the Dubai driving license has become a nightmare. No proper coaching from the instructors. I failed three times in the Road Test. Just because a foolish RTA man asked me to park in some dingy streets with no parking lines. He also does not know how to speak English properly. My bad luck this fool I got both times during assessment. Parking right with a lot of parking space meant I had to park right next to a car. when I parked he said you were afraid to park right next to the car on right that's why I failed. And look, I have been driving a manual car for seven years now he wrote on test paper that I had a mistake of not proper gear maneuver, which was ok when the same fool assessed me first time, this literally meant that taking 8 more classes after I failed has resulted me in a thing that I even lost my memory for gear changing. The driving schools are bullshit no mentoring or coaching just craving for money. They never took me to a road during assessment only two way streets in Qusais.

You are complaining after just 3 tests?!  Thousands have gone through so many attempts, so it is not new.  I think you have to go easy on RTA assessors - they have a job to do, not everybody is on the take as you may wrongly assume.  It is far better to learn all direct and indirect correct procedures, and be a confident driver to pass the tests properly - than to get through quickly with half knowledge and skills, and end up making accidents on the road.  Be patient.