Desert driving basic questions...help required

hi,

ist good to drive with jeep cherokee 2009 model or suzki GV in deep desert, i have moderate experience with this vechile but intereste to go deep inside .... ist safer whats your advice, also need more tips on ground clearence, climbing dunes with this vechiles?

and which place to train..regularly, i always roaming in al madam and kalba road..ist right place learn before uo make adventure?

thanks
asif

Welcome on Expat.com asif ;)

Asif, i havent tried any of these cars but i can give you some basic information about sand duning:
First is you need to be sure your car is ready for the sand, by having some emergency equipments like a rope in case you get stuck.
Second is you need to relief the tires of pressure, the lesser the pressure on the tires, the better it will dance in the sand, but be sure you dont get rid of alot of air or else the tire and rims wont hug each other.
Third is you need not to fasten your seat belt and lock the doors, last but not least: never step on the brakes!

Hope those little information help!
Ahmed

Ahmed,

Thanks for the notes,

Yes I do carry shovel,robe,water etc always but no gps.

I gotta doubt are you sure …. No need to fasten seat belts?
Yes I can understand pressing brake end up with mounting the sands more to stuck the tyres.

I had droven this GV it was amazing but only am worried whether to go deep inside where uo always end up with high dunes.

What all the possibilities of roll over? What should we do in that situation? Finaly pls suggest me the best area to train myself completely.

Other than al madam and kalba road.

Thanks

The Suzuki has a record of rolling over when taking a fast corner.

The Jeep Cherokee is a Chelsea Tractor and not designed for serious dune-bashing.

If want do do some serious wadi hammering, consider:

- Land Rover Defender

- Nissan Patrol SWB

- Mitsi Pajero 3.8 SWB

- Jeep Wrangler

- Toyota Hi Lux

hi

thanks for info.... yes i agree with most of them told the same point.

wher my favour is nissan patrol.

so i think bettter i dont take risk just go inside the dessert for camel sight seeign with my jeep cherokee.

thanks
asif

I know that some big driving schools in Dubai offer courses of 4x4 driving

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]