OLD POSTS, TOPICS OR THREAD.......

I was wondering about the old posts or topics because most of us with or without our knowledged, intentionally or unintentionally replies in the topics that are already too old and yet the members are a bit annoying when they are telling us that the thread was old to reply knowing that you guys are doing your job but aren't you going to do something about this or please enhance me about this situation. Mostly new member experience this because they haven't got a chance to see the date and all they wanted is to share opinions. Sorry if this is already been asked.:) chow....:)

Hi JasfurJQ!

I'm afraid i don't understand your question :/

Armand

concerning the old posts or old topics, why can't you just removed the old post so no one accidentally or intentionally replies on it, by then you guys will be worry free from warning those who continued giving their opinions from which the post is 2 years or 5 years old. :)chow

Hi Emman (Jasfur),

Old posts are like men's fashion, hold onto something long enough and it comes back into style. LOL

Really, there are a lot of old posts here I will admit, but many of them pose serious questions and ask for information that is still helpful to many of our members. They read an old post and will often add something too it to get some more information or ask a specific question that the previous postings hadn't dealt with.

Some are just plain funny too, like the posting "Does my husband earn enough?" for example. I think that one is one of the oldest I've seen responded to.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thanks Sir James, but are we still allowed to reply because the members warn us that this is an old post when some knew it and few maybe did'nt notice the date cause all they want is to share ideas.:)

hello JasfurJQ,

Well, old post are great source of informations. We often refer our members to older post, if it can answer their questions ;)

Melissa

Hi Emman,

Yes, I think it's sometimes a good idea to add to an old topic posting. Especially if the information is something that really doesn't go out of date. Visa information, advice about places to visit or places to live, things like that everybody finds helpful no matter how old the original posting is.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thanks Sir James.....:)

I think he's asking if it's ok to respond to older topics.  There have been members (who I don't think are around anymore) that used to complain when certain people responded to something old.  It seemed like that was more of a personal issue with people more than anything else.

when someone send post automatically posts get high counts but when someone deleted it counts remain the same, did you guys follow when someone deleting his post? either new or old post.

It seems to me that it's too easy for people to delete their posts and make the rest of the conversation very confusing.

For example this looks like one person is talking to the other when I'm pretty sure a post in between was deleted.  The first person will now think the 2nd was talking to him.

use a "quote" box to reply specifically to the particular person, otherwise everything is open season.

Excessive quoting gets...excessive after a while.

This blog is carefully screened for undesireable activities.
Old blogs can be comment locked. The contents and contribution of the members preserved for future references.
8-)

There are many topics still OPEN going back a few years.
Perhaps, the can be a new comment lock like what Julien did a little while back.

hELLnoi > I had to moderate one of your message (no need to explain why)

we are working on a few improvements - available in 2013 ;)

No, that is alright. I am surprised you didnt pick it up earlier. Think it was sitting around for more tham 48 hours :|
Yes, I believe you guys are working on the open topics.
(19pages with an average of 37 topics. Expat Cafe - Open Discussions alone!)
Some topic are ageless, some need updating, and the rest obsolete. A periodic purging will definitely help your system and improve your storage.

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR