Study permits for saudis to come to canada

Hey everyone,
My gf is Saudi, but currently living in Egypt, and she has just been accepted to the University of ottawa for her Masters degree (big news for me!) anyway we're now in the process of trying to get all her paperwork together to apply for her study permit.
Any ideas what paperwork exactly do you need for Saudi?
How long would the whole process take?
And is it better for her to go beck to Saudi Arabia to apply for her permit or stay in Egypt?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again!!

Adam

Hi Adam,

Regarding the Study Permit for your girlfriend follow the link below to the Canadian Government page about Study Permits. According to this document she will also require a Temporary Resident Visa as well as the Study Permit (see link on that page).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informatio … tudent.asp

All of the application forms can be downloaded from the site and it will give you all the necessary information for documents and filling out the forms. As the document points out that many countries have their own requirements regarding documents that must be provided with the application, so she may well have to apply through the Canadian Consulate in Saudi Arabia, certainly at the very least she will have to provide all the documents required for citizens of Saudi Arabia even if she can apply at any other Consulate.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team
(BTW, I'm a Canadian living in Brazil)

Sublimely helpful!! Thanks william!!