Studying in Canada

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Canada?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Canada?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

As a authorized immigration adviser based in Toronto, I receive numerous inquiries related to study in Canada. In my point of view, Canada not only offers quality education at a comparatively lower price than the USA, the UK and Australia, it also offers permanent residency pathway leading to Citizenship to those who wish to make this great country their home after the completion of their studies. A Canadian degree is valuable and even if you do not stay here after your studies, you will be recognized worldwide due to your Canadian credentials.

Bonne question!
Il y a de nombreux avantages à étudier au Canada pour les jeunes français. Au delà de l'intérêt qu'il y a à avoir une expérience internationale et à perfectionner une deuxième langue, le Canada présente les avantages d'une éducation supérieure en Amérique du Nord à un coût bien inférieur à ceux pratiqués aux USA. De plus, le taux de change Euro/CAD est largement en faveur de européens en ce moment.
De nombreuses universités canadiennes cherchent à accueillir des étudiants étrangers, et les français devraient regarder au delà du Québec (McGill, Concordia, Université de Montréal) et essayer les écoles de l'Ouest (e.g., University of British Columbia, Vancouver, University of Victoria, University of Calgary) ou encore celles de l'Ontario (Ryerson University, University of Ottawa, University of Toronto, etc.). Le pays est accueillant, vivant, chaleureux (même en hiver), et a été récemment nommé par de nombreux organismes la destination à visiter en 2017! Les villes comme la nature sont à visiter! Finalement, le Canada est un véritable pays multiculturel, très ouvert, et de belles et diverses rencontres sont à faire!

Priscilla wrote:

Hello everyone,

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Canada?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

hello thank you for the questions, i have been in Canada for 5 months and in my opinion, Toronto is the best destination where international can enroll. The most prestigious colleges in Toronto are George Brown College and Humber College and mostly, students in these colleges are international students. About University, As i know, York University and University of Toronto are the paradise of international students and Canadian students. The fees in College  cost around 14000-15000 CAD per year. In Canada the main language of instruction at the university as college is english ( Toronto) .However, In Quebec France is the main language

Following the previous post, it is important to clarify that "colleges" are what Americans call "Community colleges": they focus on 2 or 3-year diplomas and are more trade-oriented (http://settlement.org/ontario/education … in-canada/). Toronto is indeed a welcoming  international city (more than 50% of Torontonians were born abroad) and to UT and York, one has to add Ryerson University, located downtown with multiple programs and 40,000 students (http://www.ryerson.ca).

Here is a timely article: With Brexi and the Trump effect, demand is shifting. Canada overtakes UK as most desirable study destination
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/ne … =hootsuite

Please Priscilla, find my comments...

Yes, Canada is one of the most popular destinations for international students, it is a muticultural, safe, friendly country.
Being the main reason the possibility to stay longer and work after finishing your studies and eventually apply for Permanent Reisdence

Yes, I would totally encourage them!

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area?

Public Colleges would be the preferred choice in my opinion because they would get you the Post Graduation Work Permit and the work permit for your spouse. The private ones will give you that option only if it is a Degree or Master

Are these free of charge?

They are not free at all.

If not, are tuition fees expensive?

Depends a lot of which institution you choose, which city and province, There are expensive colleges and very affordable ones.

Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities?

Yes, there are lots of International Students almos in every school in Canada.

What is the main language of instruction at the university?
Mostly English, only few universities in Quebec and New Brunswick are taught in French.

I hope my answers help you!

I believe Canada is definitely a great choice for furthering one's studies. Given that US's currency have grown stronger and the fact they have started tightening their immigration policies, it might be a better choice to settle for Canada for one's studies.

Having said that, refer to MacCleans (a revered Canadian magazine) to tell you which university is better depending on which courses one is interested to take.

@Laura Lopez Rocha
can u please shed some light on affordable uni. and in which province in Canada are they?
if i'm an expat will be eligible to take admission there in public university?
i'm looking for something affordable, i'm interested to be an English Teacher in Future... any help or suggestion?

Highly recommend quite a few of his friends have studied in Canada[link moderated] returned with a respectable certificate and an extensive hand in their field of study as well as quality of life.

in addition, there are lots of International Students almos in every school in Canada.

Chiming in from Ottawa! )
I've heard that Carleton University has an excellent engineering program and the university itself has many peer groups dedicated to exchanging students.

Canada is the safest country with good quality of life.Choosing Canada as your study abroad destination has immense benefits.A good study abroad consultancy can help you to choose courses according to their interest and graduate with flying colors.

Canada is absolutely the best place to live in the world. Especially, opportunities that have been giving to international students are just endless.

If you are planning to study in Vancouver, I would highly recommend having a look at the article to learn all you need regarding living expenses, culture, things to do etc.

Hi Amir, trust this msg finds you well. Looking for some information regarding full time MBA at memorial university. What will be the total course fee for an Indian student. Went through their website but want a granular level information regarding the 2 year/1 year mba (full time) course along with other expenses?  Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks

Hi all,

Could anyone help me to provide the better information regarding the total course fee for 2 years full time MBA a memorial university
Roughly what will be the total course fee( inclusive all)  for an international student? 

Would be grateful if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.