Scorpions Etc. Better Safe than Sorry

Since I've seen so many scorpions and Centipede's in Indonesia and Thailand, I'm wondering if this is a problem in Phnom Penh . Do some find them around or in your condo or apartment? Or just a thorough insect spray enough. I'm sure some might hesitate to just put their feet in their shoes or this is a NON Issue? Thanks

Hello phnom penh bound.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

I have only once seen a scorpion in Cambodia, it was in 2008 and it was a dead one, I have never seen a centipede here, most things get eaten by the locals anyhow, so there's not much walking around alive.

Also I have never seen a live snake as a matter of fact.

The only things that enter the house in my experience are ants, mosquito's and cockroaches.

I actually did saw a snake on the street.

Was walking down the street when from far I saw what I thought was 2 boys poking at a log. It's only when I came near that I realize it was a HUGE yellow snake, like more than an arm's length. It was wriggling away from the boys who sat right next to it and acted as though the snake wasn't there. Another old lady beside also acted like the snake meant nothing, so I guess it's not an unusual occurrence to them. Me, I was staring wide-eyed all the way, haha.

i've never seen any //...