Hairdresser for Western hair?

Hi guys,

does anyone know if there's a hairdresser in town who is good with western hair?

Perhaps a weird sounding question but it stems from previous experience of Khmer hairdressers who, used to straight, shiny Asian hair, simply put my hair in a ponytail and cut the whole thing off!

Is Laura from Australia still in PP and how do I find her?

Thanks!!

Hi,

dependent on how much you want to spent. There is a Hairdresser at parkway square which is really good with western hair. They are modern and professional. - Not sure what they'll charge you but significantly more than the typical khmer hairdressers on the street!

Heya,

Most definitely go to ChocolateBlonde. It's run by a lovely woman from New Zealand and she works alongside and trains Khmer staff. My friends all go there to get their hair cut and coloured and so far I've heard nothing but rave reviews. Its on street 242, #18. You can send her an email on [email protected] or call on 077995160.

:-)

Hi there,
When I was in Phnom Penh last year and up to 2 months ago, I found a wonderful hairdressing salon called "deGran". It is owned by a Japanese and its the ultimate experience. They do everything from nails, massages, to hair design. Prices are a little higher than other salons in Phnom Penh but well worth it, they specialize in western hair. I have natural curly hair and they were the only ones in 4 years that I found in Asia that actually knew how to cut it. Address:  #19, Street 352 BKK1, PP
Amazing service, most personnel speak excellent English, and they treat you like visiting royalty! No kidding!

Thanks, great advice!!

In the end I went to July's (near Mr Sushi) after recommendations from good friends. They did a good job with my hair, reclining chairs for the hairwash and a nice headmassage are bonuses!

check out The Doll House on street 322.....great if you want something striking/funky/fun/interesting....in a saloon fit for a queen and be treated like a princess.

I am hoping to team up with a salon or school to perform hair styling services. I will be in Phenom Phen October 18th. Curently I am working as a salon consultant and previously a salon owner. It's not about the money with me. If I can be of any use please contact.
Robert
[email protected]

I will be in Phenom Phen October 18th. Currently I work as a salon consultant, and previously a salon owner. If I can be of any use, I am excited to have this opportunity.

Yes, the dollhouse on 322 is great!  I loved it.  Like the previous poster said, you can go fun or interesting, but I just went normal and they did a great job.  thedollhousecambodia.com

Hi.
Laura from australia is working at THE FRENCH ELEMENT Hair salon at Himawari hotel Phom penh .
thefrenchelement.com