International students life and cirriculum

HI!friends...
Do students from warmer countries bear the BITING cold in norway!
wat abt the living expense for a international student,wat abt the scholarships,can international students get jobs during their studies even if we dont know the local language....?

ill be happy for the replies and posts.:lol::):D:cool:

Hi Deepak,

I come from Australia and I manage here in Norway. It gets really cold in the winter but the houses are built properly so it's rarely cold inside (it actually gets colder inside in Australia due to our poorly constructed houses).

Norway is very very expensive for students. The universities them selves are mainly free to students seeing they are government run but food, alcohol, public transport and rent are all extremely expensive.

I'm not so sure about scholarships but it's worth emailing some of the universities because they would be able to point you in the right direction.

Getting a job without knowing Norwegian can be very challenging. Unfortunately being able to speak english is not a huge advantage seeing most Norwegians speak fluent english. Oslo or Stavanger would be the easiest cities to live in without knowing Norwegian seeing they are very international.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks a lot acsimps!