Language Courses

Hi all,
I am trying to learn Norwegian (from scratch) and wonder if anyone knows of any evening courses starting in the New Year (2012) - as cheap as poss please!
I've come across a number of different course providers but a personal recommendation would be really valued.
Thanks! :)
Helen

Welcome to the forum Helen!

I may suggest you to post an advert in Oslo classifieds > language classes section, this may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Helen.  I wrote an article about some good Norwegian schools here, I have been around the circuit.  Hope it is useful.  http://theosloeye.com/2011/07/norwegian … d-schools/

Cheers

The Oslo Eye

check with voksenopplæring programs, i took it in one of those places and was able to be fluent in around 4 months... though, i also lived with a Norwegian family. BUT the voksenopplæring centers have clases. try to find the closest one and get information.
Hope this helps.

hi everry body im new en this forum i hope that i can have any help for my question we whant to move my husband and me to stavanger and we don t knew if to study norwegian is free or we have to paid en private school and how mush is cost
saludo

I did the entire På vei, Stein på stein, and Her på berget series with LearnNorwegian. They have day and night classes (I took the night ones) over near Carl Berners plass. I liked the teachers, and they're not too expensive. I also really liked that the courses are divided into 4-5 week modules, and you only enroll in one module at a time, with no long-term commitment. That allowed me to study part of one book, take some months off, then come back and pick up right where I left off. Their website is learnnorwegian.no, it's in Norwegian and English.

Just curious about the price thing here to anyone of you who have tried. Looking for a program for my partner, but they all seem to clock in at around 4000nok +- per level. Is there anything cheaper, without sacrificing quality obviously..?

nourcocinera, norwegian classes are not free. People from outside the EEC/EU must do 300 hours of lessons, which you pay for yourself. There's not really a great deal which is free in this country.