Cambodian/khmer cuisine in HCMC?

Hey the wise and the wonderful,

do you know where to find some great Cambodian restaurants / Khmer food in Ho Chi Minh City? I am craving some taste from Phnom Penh without going there.

Cheers
Monta

Not easy for you to find but Cambodian market is at hẻm 734 Lê Hồng Phong, D 10. Also known as Chợ Lê Hồng Phong, chợ Campuchia, chợ Nam Vang.
This market has been going on for 40 years. Best to go there early (7AM) on a Sunday morning. Go there late (9AM) and some of the best food stalls are sold out.

This is the place Cambodians go to find authentic food/supply.

Somewhere in  Alley 285 Cach Mang Thang Tam, district 10.

Ooooh that's so great! I am going to take my visiting friend there this Sunday, would you like to join us?

And is there any place that is open in the evening?

Thanks in advance,
Monta

As dinhHien2006 implied, rather obfuscatorily, the Con Gà Trống restaurant is a well known Cambodian restaurant which opens in the afternoon. It is at 285/C145Bis Cach Mang Thang 8, District 10.

http://images.vietpress.vn/Images/Uploaded/Share/2012/04/04/ConGaTrong1.jpg

On Sunday morning, there is an important American football match which I am looking forward to since I intend to see my team humiliating the team favored by one of my fellow EB contributors, so I can't join you to the Cambodian market. Wild_1, you read this ? :)

Thanks, Anatta (is that your real name? I didn't see your signature)

I think we will be headed in the Khmer cuisine adventure next weekend.

Cheers
Monta

123go wrote:

Thanks, Anatta (is that your real name? I didn't see your signature)

I think we will be headed in the Khmer cuisine adventure next weekend.

Cheers
Monta

You're certainly welcome.
The market is open day and night, but the best food is sold out early in the morning.

Anatta in Pali (the liturgical language of Theravada Buddhism) means Non-self. It is one of Buddhism's three fundamental tenets, namely Impermanence (anicca), Suffering (dukkha), and Non-self (anatta).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatta

Hey Melewi, so how about a feast this week, maybe Wednesday or Thursday evening after work? We might be a bit tired, but the great Khmer food is always motivating.