Living in Hyderabad

Hello!
We are considering living for 6 month or a year in Hyderabad.
My husband is having a branch of his job there. We are young family, I am
Czech and my husband English. We have 2,5 year old son.

I will be thankful for someone answering my questions because living there must be so different to what we are used to here in Europe.

My concerns are: Are there good nurseries ?
How I can use my time with my son there. Where go to play with him.
Do you thing is safe for children? I am also a Christian, are there some churches?

Anything else you can recommend?

Despite of these fears I am so much looking forward and I am sure it will be a great experience!

We are thinking coming in December 2012.

Thank you for your time answering! Martina

Martina! there is nothing to worry about.You can live happily here in hyderabad.There are good nurseries.There are good entertaiment places where u can enjoy with ur son.Finding a church is so easy in hyderabad.You are coming in good time.It is cold in hyderabad.I hope temperature wont be a problem to you.good luck

Hi Martina,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I have moved your topic on Hyderabad forum for better visibility.

All the best,
Christine

Welcome to Hyderabad.
There are plenty of fun things that you can do in Hyderabad.
It is a peaceful place but also busy.
There are nurseries and play schools.
I dont know the location where you will be staying but almost every where you can find a place to hang out....
Call Just Dial - 04024444444. Keep this number and they can give info on phone numbers to address on your cell for taxi's, places to go etc ....
Have fun...

hello,
dont worry  hyderabad is a good placce and whatever u asked is available ie nursery,church and its a safe place.

Martina Rodmell wrote:

Hello!

I will be thankful for someone answering my questions because living there must be so different to what we are used to here in Europe.

Do you thing is safe for children? I am also a Christian, are there some churches?

Despite of these fears I am so much looking forward and I am sure it will be a great experience!

Hi Martina,

I am Johan and living here for the past 6 years, originating from Belgium.
Lots of churches in Hyderabad.
The most known Christian Church is St Mary's in Secunderabad.
Services here are:
Sunday 9AM in English and Saturday 6pm (also other timings but don't know out the top of my head).
Besides this you also have a lot of "Born Again" churches at different places in the city.

Nurseries is a whole different thing. These things are kind of new and seen some advertising's but don't know the quality to be honest.

December is a good time, winter is here and climate is very pleasant.

Do let me know if you need any help after arriving.

Regards
Johan

Hi Martina ..........

Hope you are doing great. I joined this community and just saw your post. Thought of helping you out. Well, for a brief introduction i wanna let you know that I am a Sr. Research Associate in a US based MNC and currently staying at Hyderabad. I am here since last 4 years.

I guess, I can suggest you something about this place and surely can help you if you need good place for your children too.

I am sharing my contact details with you. I will be more than happy to answer your queries. If you do contact me, kindly remind me that I replied to your post in this blog.

Thanks,
Agnibha Mukhopadhyay
email:- [email protected]

Hello Martina,

Welcome to expat-blog :)

Hello agnibha,

I encourage you to share the informations on the forum so that out other members might also benefit from it.

Thank you,
Melissa

Martina Rodmell wrote:

Hello!

Martina,

Glad you will be in my city soon!!

Your son might experience NO matter if he gets the standards you are hoping , there quite few places you can take him out .

Recommendations :
-Take it easy ,Hyderabad is no more 3rd world city 
-enjoy the extra attention you get in my city .
-try to be local than being crazy foreigner, IN india Foreigners in market place are assumed rich ,maintain low profile to avoid them bill you extra.

Well i agree on fears , but yeah its Not different  than Detroit in USA or Prague , if you are a stranger and not smart you are near danger in any country .

Churches:
There are hello lot of them , I some times regret why too many Christians in our place, im not aganist any religion though  it though i just find it wired  .

How i Hyderabad different from Europe:

-EU Have lot lesser pollution
-Eu have better polices in helping citizens
-EU is too advance by culture for Hyd 
-Hyderabad have more life , you will see hell loads of festivals and fun here

Any way good luck hope we welcome you in great way  , when im in Prague i had pretty experience with racists, i hope my city never give you that trouble.