In Need of Telgu Language Course

Hi All,

I am unable to find info about proper Telugu Language Courses in the Twin-City Area. I understand that Hindi is very much spoken out in public, but I am in a situation where I will have to communicate with people whom can not speak Hindi or English.

My husband is Telugu so I have someone to practice conversation with, but he does not have the time to teach me.

I am even open to the idea of a university which offers courses.

Thanks in Advance
Kat

Hi,

You will not be able to find a Telugu Language Course in Twin-Cities, since Telugu is a native language of Andhra and Telangan people and Urdu a native of Hyderabadi people. One part of the City you will find more of Telugu speaking people (exp: KP, Miyapur, JNTU, ect)  On the other part were most of the Hyderabadi's stay you will find only Hindi speaking people(Old City, Barkas, Mehdipatnam etc).  The Telugu speaking people already know Telugu and the Hindi speaking people have no interest in learning Telugu.  So you wont find a Telugu speaking course and even if you find it would be a waste of money.

My suggestion would be to speak to your husband only in Telugu for  the extent of time he is at home.  This will help you to learn Telugu at a faster phase and without any expense

Faiyaz.

Faiyaz143 wrote:

Hi,

You will not be able to find a Telugu Language Course in Twin-Cities, since Telugu is a native language of Andhra and Telangan people and Urdu a native of Hyderabadi people. One part of the City you will find more of Telugu speaking people (exp: KP, Miyapur, JNTU, ect)  On the other part were most of the Hyderabadi's stay you will find only Hindi speaking people(Old City, Barkas, Mehdipatnam etc).  The Telugu speaking people already know Telugu and the Hindi speaking people have no interest in learning Telugu.  So you wont find a Telugu speaking course and even if you find it would be a waste of money.

My suggestion would be to speak to your husband only in Telugu for  the extent of time he is at home.  This will help you to learn Telugu at a faster phase and without any expense

Faiyaz.

Thanks Faiyaz,

I have come to realize that this is the issue, which is why I have become so desperate. I currently live in Pune, where I can not find anything either. That is the problem with learning the Indian languages. The people of that in that region know their language, and the people outside that region have no desire to learn the other languages. And having my husband only speak in Telugu is harder than it sounds. After a long days work he doesn't have the patience to deal with someone that can not understand what he is saying :D And I don't blame him. Which is why it would be more simple to get a foundation in which I can begin to have conversation to learn more.

Hi Kat,

In such a case were you don't want to trouble your husband, what I will suggest you is email me few basic words(in English) on weekly basis which you want to learn in Telugu, I will respond to those words in Telugu language.  This way you can build your basic foundation in Telugu.

Faiyaz.

Hello Kat,

I am Rahul from pune living in Hyderabad. My Mother Tongue is Telugu, however i can Teach Telugu to you. We can Share ideas and views too. My Id is [email protected].

Cheers,
Rahul.

Hi Kat,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I suggest you post an advert in the Language classes in Hyderabad section please :)

It might help ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

I will suggest you to download some Telugu movies with fonts, this I think is the easiest way. But you can't do that, right away.

So learn a bit about the language from people around and after you are at the next level, after a bit inkling of the language, watch movies with subtitles. Im assuming with your husband's rapport, you would have learnt upto somelevel. So, start seeing movies. THERE ARE MANY WONDERFUL MOVIES for you !

Good luck !

You can try online : http://www.learningtelugu.org/tutorials … steps.html

If you are interested, I can teach you telugu. Inbox me if you are ready..

I can help you practice the lanugage over internet voice chat. like skype. I have taught some Tamil friends in past too, so I kinda get the pulse of beginners and can take it slowly.

Hi chodimella and anveshr,

Please note that you have posted on an old thread here (2013) and i think that the member is no more looking for a teacher.

As such, i will advise you to drop your offer in the Language classes in Hyderabad section.

Thank you,

Priscilla

(Thread closed )

Closed