Urgent:Which University is better?

Hi
I'll be moving to Amsterdam soon for university. I have been accepted by two , but don't know which is better in terms of education and facilities.The universities are: Hogeschool van Amsterdam and Inholland university. Both seem on the same level and that's why I ask you to help me make my choice?which do you think is better?

These are not universities but Hoge School, you can compare it with college or academy.
About the Inholland there was a lot to do about it.
The media broadcasted all the time about it and their image have been damaged. Things about corruption, certificates were not valid etc etc. You can goolge for it to see by yourself.
The update info I don't have it for you but to be sure I' ll suggest to go to the Hogeschool Amsterdam

Hi
Thanks for the advice. To tell you the truth I never knew about Inholland's history. I'm quite shocked.
When you say as a college or academy, do you mean that it is good too?I have applied very late for personal reasons to universities and so I went with Hogeschools. I applied for one university but they required more documents and tests that i have not taken because I studied in Saudi Arabia.
I think I'll go with Hogeschool van Amsterdam for the IBMS course, but if you have any idea about it or did some further research , please let me know. But I hope it's good, because on one list it was the 11th in the Netherlands wich is quite good for a Hogeschool.
Thank you so much
Best Wishes

Primadonna wrote:

These are not universities but Hoge School, you can compare it with college or academy.
About the Inholland there was a lot to do about it.
The media broadcasted all the time about it and their image have been damaged. Things about corruption, certificates were not valid etc etc. You can goolge for it to see by yourself.
The update info I don't have it for you but to be sure I' ll suggest to go to the Hogeschool Amsterdam

You can see it as one level below the univeristy, so that is very good too, at least in my opinion.
You said that you go to the IBMS course, what does that mean?

I think you're right about the Hogeschools. You are actually making me feel much better. The IBMS course is actually short for International Business Management Studies.Sorry for giving you the short form. I should have explained in the first place.Just Wish me good luck with my studies and the huge adventure I'll go through away from my family.
Best Wishes

Primadonna wrote:

You can see it as one level below the univeristy, so that is very good too, at least in my opinion.
You said that you go to the IBMS course, what does that mean?

I wish you all the best, good luck with your study and have a nice time in Amsterdam. You will love Amsterdam.:heart::heart::heart:
I like it very much and I miss it!!

Hi.Thank you so much for wishing me good luck. I am looking forward to my stay in Amsterdam but I'll my family so much, and that's what is occupying my mind right now. What was your first time outside your family's home like?
Best Wishes

Primadonna wrote:

I wish you all the best, good luck with your study and have a nice time in Amsterdam. You will love Amsterdam.:heart::heart::heart:
I like it very much and I miss it!!

You don't have to worry about that!;)
Ofcourse you will miss your family but nowdays it is easier to stay in touch with all the hightech media technique: email, chat and skype. Maybe in the beginning is difficult but after a while you get so busy that you don't think the whole time at them. :cool:

I was 18 years old when I lived by my self and  19 when I decide to study at the Hogeschool in Arnhem: social work/welfare.In the beginning I missed my mother very deeply.
The only thing how to stay in touch was a telephone.
Everyday I called her and ask her about how to cook this, how the clean that. I know how to do it but I want just to hear her voice....

As a longtime "dutch" resident and even went to university in Amsterdam I can tell you this: both schools you mentioned had/have their own bad history.

If you gonna attend a more "fancy" study with a "fancy" theme; you might end up with a diploma which is BELOW the usual standard.

You could find some troubles to find a decent employer afterwards. So my advice to you would be to examine very closely WHAT type of courses they do offer you and WHICH type of material/books they would use in your educational program. Also I would recommend you to do only 1 or 2 years at Hogeschool(HBO) and then to apply through Colloquium Doctum for a position at a regular university and to continue studying over there.

Hogeschool van Amsterdam!

Hi there! I actually teach at the International Business School - at Hogeschool of Amsterdam... so I'm probably not the most objective person to give advice here :) But having said that - I am also an immigrant to Holland, and studied in a more academic university.... I think therefore that the BBA that the students in IBMS earn is a very practical degree with which you can start working at a junior - as in assistant to the manager of...-  position in an international company. You have to work hard to earn this degree - lots of project work - in teams - which students often enjoy and find challenging... We welcome international students and in IBMS, there are quite a few of such students. If you have specific questions about the studies, etc. please feel free to ask me - and also you might want to check out our blog: studyleaks.blogspot.com for some more informal thoughts by students and teachers from our school. Good luck!