Expats learning Dutch

Hey,

We just settled into an apartment in Amsterdam and I'm working in a semi-English semi-Dutch environment. I think I'd get a lot out of living here if I can learn the language ASAP. All I know thus far is to say lekker whenever possible.

Anyone willing to grab some beers and speak some dutch, I'd be keen to meet at a pub somewhere in Amsterdam.

Proost

Dave

Welcome to Expat-blog, Dave :)

Hope that you establish lot of new contacts soon.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi there. I moved to the Netherlands from Canada about 6 months ago. The ROC is a good place to look for Dutch language lessons. And if you want to connect to other expats there are a few groups on facebook. I belong to the Canadian International Club on facebook and although it says "canadian" we welcome all nationalities! You might want to try there. There are always group events and it's a good place to meet other expats. Good luck with your language lessons and voel plezier!

I'm actualy going to colledge to improve my Dutch in Alkmaar, although I can understand the language to a reasonable level the grammar leaves me stupified on occasion.  The cost is around €150 for the lessons.  And I wouldn't bother with any CD or home package to learn the language, from my experience all they do is repeat words over and over until you can say them but don't help with any actual sentences.

Nath.CZ, Unfortunately I can't make those classes due to work commitments. Do keep us posted how they turn out.

My partner is attending a week long intensive language course in a fortnights time. I am curious to see how she develops from this.

Dear everyone. I want to learn dutch. DO you want to be mypartner to language exchange? my mother tounge is Indonesian (bahasa) and i want to learn dutch and english.

PM me please

Hi everyone again !

The lesson I found finally never start bc of lack of students.

Once again, I am afraid, the lesson does not start !

Thus, I am looking for people Very Motivated to Learn DUTCH QUICKLY ! The lesson are based in Amsterdam, package of 25hours a week for 395€ (beginners) + 3CDs & Book including. It's starting the 10 till 14 january (1 week).

There is 2 students registers, I want to register (so 3 students) however, I read it starts with 4 students !!! :(

The hour costs ar. 12€, seems ok comparing to what I found in the market.

Please, Help, People who wants to get a Dutch Level Quick and Have time !

Wish to everyone a merry christmas !!!

There is a whole series of videos on Youtube thay is actually very good, follow the link for the first lesson, they get better and harder as you go along.

youtube.com/watch?v=mkOAVtxoJGA