Can buy gas-burner, gas and fuel in a can?

Hello all,

I am going to arrive at Male, Maldives next month, and I an wondering I can buy the stuff below. Please help me.

1) gas-burner and gas.
Can I buy  a small and portable "gas-burner" like gas range in a supermarkets in Male? It is usually used outside and for camping, And also can I buy a small and 350ml coke-can sized "gas-can" that will be used for "gas-burner"?
If then, what are the prices?

2) solid fuel in a small can
It is used outside and for camping in Asia. It is tuna-can sized, and filled-up with solid-fuel which is made of ethanol, so that If we light up with a match, it burns for 1 or 2 hours. Can we buy this fuel in supermarkets in Male? what's the price.

Please help me for above for my softlanding to Maldives.
Thanks in advance.

Isn't there anyone who can help this?? It will be my first time to Maldives and Male, so I am desperately looking for anyone's help.

number 1 you can get but its very tough to a shop who sells them. NUmber 2 YES, its USD3 per can.

cheers
mooch

mooch wrote:

number 1 you can get but its very tough to a shop who sells them. NUmber 2 YES, its USD3 per can.

cheers
mooch

Hi Mooch,

Thanks very much for your information!! I have additional questions.

1) What I meant for "gas burner and gas" is very small and portable like the picture in my profile."Gas burner" is upper part, and "Gas" is a can in the lower part and one-time use. Can I buy the gas-burner and the gas in any supermarkets in Male? If yes, what are the prices?

2) For Number 2, can I buy it at any supermarkets in Male?

PLEASE give me a little more help.

newkida wrote:
mooch wrote:

cheers
mooch

Hi Mooch,

Thanks very much for your information!! I have additional questions.

1) What I meant for "gas burner and gas" is very small and portable like the picture in my profile."Gas burner" is upper part, and "Gas" is a can in the lower part and one-time use. Can I buy the gas-burner and the gas in any supermarkets in Male? If yes, what are the prices?

2) For Number 2, can I buy it at any supermarkets in Male?

PLEASE give me a little more help.

Is there anyone who can give me this information?????

Is there anyone who can give me this information?????

Ni Newkida,

You can buy both of them here. You just need to find a specialty shop selling LPG and accessories.

Are you going here for work or for camping? If work, most of the employer here is giving out a furnished accommodation which includes of course the gas and the burner.For outdoor, a coconut charcoal and a lighter is enough to cook a dish and fire up the night.

Derick=)