Online shopping in Maldives

Hi im in Addu at Gan Island.

may i ask if there have been anyone who have shopped online for electronics like ebay or amazon and have it delivered to Maldives? if not what are the options? What and where is the best way to buy?

i was looking to buy a wifi tablet to help while away the time at night or during day offs, have tried in Amazon but they dont deliver electronics to Maldives..

also do i have to pay any tax for the item i receive?

thanks, apprecate any help, a tablet can help pass the idle time..

hey,,,try in ibay!

yeah i tried in ebay, thanks edvilyn..
so far only sellers from hong kong and singapore would send to Maldives.
have to be registered in Paypal though..

i didnt know there was an ibay..thought it was a typo..haha thanks for the tip edvilyn..very informative..

..yea,,ebay and ibay are different,,
hope u can buy the gadgets u need,,

hi,

www.ibay.com.mv is a local website similar to www.ebay.com

most of the ibay sellers would be able to give you a soultion to deliver it to a place in maldives.

you have to be careful though, best way to do this is when a friend of yours is goging to male you can have a ibay seller setup to sell it to your friend,

or go to the Maldivian office and ask how you can do it,

ask for the tablets, i will recommend you to buy the apple ipad 3G + wifi 16GB, you should get one for Rf11500.00 roughly $745.00,

you will have access to over 250k applications, which makes this gadget so impressive.

if you pay it in $ the seller might offer you a better bargain.

hope this helps,

please do not do a bank deposit to anyone, even if they promise to deliver it, even if they tell u that they have sent it.

cheers
mooch

yeah it has helped immensely, thanks mooch..