Hii I am new here !

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself as a new expat-blog member. I am a twenty-year old female coming from the Netherlands and going to stay in Egypt, Maadi for 10 months starting in February 2013.
I am going to do volunteerwork there as a part of my internship with children who have autism.
The most important reason for me to go on this blog was to find a place where I could stay during the volunteerwork (accommodation) and to read expierences of people who went to Egypt before me.

Feel free to PM me or questions/suggestions. If you read this and know a good accomodation for a price maximum 1500 EGP don't hesitate to contact me!
If there is something I could help others with I will try to answer them as well ofcourse!

Thanks for now and kind regards to all of you.

Hello loveinyoureyes.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In which area are you looking for accommodation?

Thank you,
Aurélie

in Maadi, !

I don't think 1500 is possible in maadi..
Your best try will be to find another girl and share with her apartment..

either to share an apartment with someone or to raise your budget to 2000 LE

Thanks for the answers.
I heard that Nasr City is near Maadi, are the rent prices there the same or lower?
I could search over there as well, any tips are welcome

Welcome,

The flats in Nasr City might be a little cheaper, depends on the area. I was renting for 1900 le in Nasr City, 2BR, but furniture was old and partly broken. So, nothing fancy. As people earlier, I also recommend to share with another girl, for 1500 le u will get a lovely place to stay. Good Luck!!!

alright then. Does someone have positive experience with a shared accommodation? I heard a lot of bad stories, because of that reason I decided to take something for my own, but I unfortunately my budget can't afford that

Another option is to rent yourself and find a roommate to share with. Then u can choose ur company. :)

I guess a shared appartment will suit better, when I rent myself a flat and hoping to find another renter because of the costs i will bite of more than I can chew.
Thanks a lot for thinking with me :)

u can check cairo craigslist just to get the idea what they offer around here

http://cairo.craigslist.org/roo/

i think nasr city is far from maadi but not sure still new to the place

if u got work in maadi stay in maadi, put in mind maadi is large and have lots of areas, each with its pros and cons,
MamBoocha was right , search for a place 2 rent probably with a expat, if u go that way, ull be comfy 2 find much on cragelist , and u can see places and post, it wont take much time to get what u want, but focus the most on who u will be with more than where.

might compromise a bit in the start but it will be fine,  with time u will get some new friends in the area and know what u want exactly .

Cheers :)