Visa status for rental agreements

Hi,

I was looking for some advice on if it is ok to rent an apartment while on a business / tourist visa? The owner seems ok with it; wanted to know if it ok from a legal standpoint.

Thanks,

Vinod

Absolutely! GCC citizens rent on short- and long-term lease all the time - unless, a lawyer around here quotes a rule (which may never be enforced). And you keep your nose clean.

You could wade through some articles on renting property in Egypt to know foundational guidelines.

i agree with who its ok to rent.

thanks guys!

I need some sound advice.  I am planning to move to Egypt in 2012 to live.  I am an American Citizen.  I will live in Alex.  I need to know about Visa requirements.  Can I get an extended visa to live in Egypt as long as I live?  I am a retired gentleman, and have adequate income to live comfortably in Alex.  I need help as far as:

1.  Will it be easy for me to secure a Visa to live in Egypt.  I will not be working, but living off my personal income.

2.  Where in Alexandria do I go to apply for a long-term visa, if this exists.

3.  If I have to renew my visa annually can this be done in Alex?

Thank you for any help you can give me, and who and where I would go in Alex to apply for an extended Visa to live in Egypt on a permanent basis.

My name is Brian J. Figueroa
My email:  [email protected]

PLEASE, EXTEND ME THE HELP I NEED TO DO THIS???  My desire is to live my remaining yeas in Alex, Egypt near the Mediterranean Sea.

I THANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR SOME HELP FOR THIS NEWLY RETIRED GENTLEMAN.

there is no rules in egypt as long as u r a foreigner and u have the money u can do whatever the (moderated: offensive term) u want. so don't worry

when i said foreigners i meant westerners......

to obtain a permanent resident status with a long term visa you need to own a property which can be registered in your name along with the under-laying ground. its a simple process to undertake but involves some time. the key to this long term resident visa is the direct ownership and proper registration of the property including the land.

by registering this way it also opens the door to allow you to operate a business if you would chose to do so.

the normal tourist visa are a real pain as they may be issue for any interval of time from three months up to a year.

property here is a pretty sound investment, if purchased correctly it will only escalate in value if you chose well and above all perform the required due diligence on the property.

you must under take this effort with somebody you know and trust.

you may want to read this link.

water filtering

everything can be done in alex, the amercian embassy also has an anex located there.