Orfi marriage to help find apartment

Hi
I am new to this website and I am considering living in the area between El Gouna and Hurghada. Are there a lot of expats there? I know there is a separate forum area to ask about accommodation so I am not looking for offers. Also, I did say that I was looking to make friends but please note that I will never accept an invitation to personal message from a stranger on any website so don't send requests to connect when I don't know you (I had five requests within an hour of signing up for this site).

I have read a lot about women who have been badly treated by Egyptian men and are worried about orfi marriage. The answers all say it is not a legal document and you don't have to worry about repercussions so my question is: is there is any reason not to do it?

If if helps me and my Egyptian boyfriend to get an apartment together, and to be able to travel in Egypt together, and there are no worries about it becoming a legal issue...why not? Are there specific ways to do it that protect you from future problems, or is it totally safe?

It is hard to understand how a document that has been done in the presence of a lawyer and officially stamped, with two witnesses, cannot be recognised in law. Especially as it only needs one of you to go to court and have it recognised - whatever that means. But I understand you can get a copy of the orfi contract online or in shops and just sign it yourselves without a lawyer. Would this be accepted by hotels and apartment rentals?

Orfi marriage agreement is a legal document, but its consequences not like official agreements. Meanwhile it is not considered as an acceptable agreement to Hotels, or lessors in general except to be signed in presence of a lawyer and stamp it.

Hi Katrina
When I first signed up. I also get people saying they what to be friends.manly men,now I don't answer any off them bk.best way I think they started asking to many questions
A ofi marriage ist law it's what is known as a shaging paper among the Egyptians.i know coz I got one n then realized what is was after.as u know ur not allowed to hold hands cuddle in the streets nor sleep while not marryed.this paper just stops the police asking ur bf question as he could end up in jail if he's with u n hasn't got it on him at the time.   It's not like a proper marriage certificate don't protect u as his wife.n he can rip it up n just go onto the next girl if he wants to sleep with her n find a flat for the nyt
U can use a ofi to rent a flat with thou some hotel want except unless done throw the courts but have both have to go to Cairo n the British embassy n if ur divorced ect show proof. Takes about a wk n it's not cheap.
If ur not Jewish  catholic  or ur still marryed in England u want b able to marry. No u can't get papers online or in shops plz don't do that why if offered paper shouldn't cost u more then £30 cheaper then throu the courts.
I had a really bad Egyptian man was lovely n kind to start of with then soon as we got this ofi marriage which I thought was the real thing he changed n when I returned to England thought get a divorce. This is when I found out it's not  illegal good job in a way didt go cairo could found out I cant divorce him just like that he has to do it in the courts in cairo. This is why most Egyptians say get  Ofi
Good luck with what ever u do plz be careful hope u know him good check he ist already marred as most r but will say they aren't n don't give him money iv learnt the hard way.take care off urself

Thank you for your help. You read many bad things about Egyptian men, and many women who learned the hard way about them.  It's hard to trust anyone. You never feel sure about anything at all. But if we are going to do anything it will be orfi then, stamped and witnessed.

Thanks for ur reply
It don't matter if it's stamped n witnessed it's still not a lligal contrast.
Don't pay more then £20 check that his Id is not saying he is marryed thou iam sorry to say he probable is n when u go home there will be another one waiting to fly over with ofi marriage papers.
I wish u all the best

Unfortunately some ladies might be a victim of some abusers over here (or anywhere for that matter).. nothing good to say except take care and just try to test how serious he is about your relationship, and how well can he support you. Best of luck finding love everybody.