Looking for housing

I am looking for a flat.  Does anyone know of any agents or private owned buildings who will not over charge just because you're not a local? Are there places that can help expats find an affordable, fully furnished flat? I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this. Thanks :D

Hi Americangirl1980,

You could have a look at the housing in Egypt section and post an advert there as well.

I hope other members will be bale to advise you.

Best of luck,
Christine

My advice to you is that you should definitely go and search with an Egyptian ( friend , husband etc etc). Unfortunately I know what I am talking about and when they see us foreigner the commissions and real price goes up instantly. Nobody will help you for less money unless it is real your friend. Otherwise you can go by yourself but you need to be taught and negotiate with cold blood. I am in your situation right now but I know the prices and I deal with them.Good luck !

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hello,

did you select the area ? this will help a lot for finding a house

in cairo or alexandria

in which area?

Does anyone know anything about Merosa Compound in Alexandria? Or any other nice compound in Alex itself?

r u ready to have a room in someone's flat ?

I agree with you for sure, to have a local help.

ladyiulia wrote:

My advice to you is that you should definitely go and search with an Egyptian ( friend , husband etc etc). Unfortunately I know what I am talking about and when they see us foreigner the commissions and real price goes up instantly. Nobody will help you for less money unless it is real your friend. Otherwise you can go by yourself but you need to be taught and negotiate with cold blood. I am in your situation right now but I know the prices and I deal with them.Good luck !

Hi i am Selling my flat in Hurghada , reply me if you are inresting

Hi Haitham1983, i wanna buy a flat in Hurghada, if possible, plz send more details about ur flat to me by email: [email protected] (MSN) thanks~!

haitham1983 wrote:

Hi i am Selling my flat in Hurghada , reply me if you are inresting

I have a source in Zamalek Area if you would like and a 2 bedroom fully furnished apartment in Madinaty.

if interested in any, Please let me know

Hi, we will be moving to alexandria this summer, i am looking for a appartment, around 200m2 in Semouha area, can anyone help?

contact me , i have your goal

Tanja68 wrote:

Hi, we will be moving to alexandria this summer, i am looking for a appartment, around 200m2 in Semouha area, can anyone help?

sure i can

Hi Americangirl.

As other have said, you really need to be specific about the area and the duration of tenancy otherwise the forum moderators will quite rightly see you as just another spam post i.e. posted by a Brit property developer who seem to live on here. Every other post on the Egyptian forum is posted by 'Rivermead' or some other real estate agent from the UK.

So please be more specific, ...and genuine if you want to be taken seriously and not deleted. There are many genuiine expats on here who are seeking tenants or wishing to sell their property.

However this is not  free website for realtors or estate agents, so clarify what you need or you will be deleted as a spammer.

ha`ha ha Is this the Rivermead Property Scam Thread lol?

Egyptian Fraud Police are on to you or did you know?

Why Karnak have you sent me a private message calling me a F##king scammer, you don't even know me.

[Moderated: please post in the housing section]

Which area are you looking in?