Rent and Living in Madinaty ??

Hello everybody .. decided to move near my work in  90 Street, 5th Settlement ....
I liked to be in good compound  like Rehab ,but its too expensive , so Madinaty was a good option .... need your help best area to rent in madinaty with lower prices and good services around
I appreciate your replies all  :kiss:

B1 is the oldest sector in Madinaty, and the most expensive, B2 is the second of age and so on.

Prices in Madinaty basically depends on the space of the flat you want to rent, for ex:
110 M2 Flat is around 1600 - 2000 in B1 & B2 (New Rental Law)

B1 has Metro Supermarket, B6 has Ragab Sons supermarket, new food court is facing B3 and will be operating on March 2015 as advised by the Customers' Service office of the city.

Please drop me a line, and I am willing to help you with that, as I just moved there 3 months ago and I still keep some real estate brokers phone numbers in my contacts list.
Best of luck...

Am moving from NY to Egypt and would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the different developments in East Cairo. Is it possible to set up a time to chat?

I can help you with Madinaty since I live there, How many Bedroom you need?

At least 2 for now, but would like to understand pricing differences for bigger sizes/more rooms

Let's say that 2 bedrooms apt is around 2000 LE & 3 bedrooms apt around 3000 LE

This is in Madinaty compound

What if I wanted to buy rather than rent how much would it cost? Which one does it make sense to do?

Renting of course!

Let's say you bought 100 sq meter apt which equals around a 800-900 K

The rent will be around 2000 le while if you deposited the same amount in the bank the interest rate will be 8000 - 9000 LE

So, better to keep the money in the bank and rent ;-)

Are 2000 le and 8000 le the monthly or annual payments for rents and interest you are quoting? If it was monthly, then that implies you can earn 1% a month on your money in the bank or ~12% a year. I thought deposit rates in Egypt were only ~3-4% and that individuals are not able to access the higher treasury rates?

2000 le is monthly rent for 100 sq meter apt.
8000 le is monthly credited interest (Annual interest rate @12-16% on Egyptian Pound)
($ interest rate is 5% annually)

Interesting. I didn't realize you could invest in the 12-16% annual rate in Egypt.

Overall, how does Madinaty compare to the other new developments/places to live in East Cairo/New Cairo? I've seen advertising for developments by Palm Hills, SODIC, and Mountain View. Does anyone have a sense of the pros and cons of the different developments?