Hey guys new here

Hey everyone I'm new here and I'm 22 and I would love to travel and live in Vietnam but I wanna learn more like prices on buying a flat or house and also jobs as I'm currently a self employed window cleaner but I love growing fruit and veg plants and also fishing and was wondering are they 2 possible jobs over there ?

Tigerman1 wrote:

Hey everyone I'm new here and I'm 22 and I would love to travel and live in Vietnam but I wanna learn more like prices on buying a flat or house and also jobs as I'm currently a self employed window cleaner but I love growing fruit and veg plants and also fishing and was wondering are they 2 possible jobs over there ?

Legally, you can't hold a p[position that a Vietnamese citizen can fill.  This is what I thought of regarding each job, here in Vietnam

Window cleaner:

Boss: "Here's rope and rag, go clean window."
You: "Can I have a safety harness?"
Boss: "You fire, go now."

Being self employed would be tough, because you'd be competing with companies that pay pennies to their employees.

Farmer:  "The Grapes of Wrath" describes a Utopian scenario compared to what the people here go through.

Fishing:  A great hobby, but it'd be rough trying to make a living.

Hello Tigerman1.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You can take a look into the Housing in Vietnam section in order to get an idea of prices of homes.

Thank you,
Aurélie

prices on buying a flat or house

Technically, you can't do it.  Read up on this topic a little on other threads, it has been discussed at length.

As for employment, Teacher_Mark is right.  It will be hard for you to compete with the locals, even if you are allowed.

Best wishes,
Howie