Hair Loss in HCMC

Hi,

I am a 29yr old Male. I have been living in Vietnam for 9 months and since I moved here from the UK I have been noticing a fair bit of hair loss. Over the last couple of months it has become quite noticable and I am not sure what to do.

I understand that stress can play a part, and obviously moving to a new country with a new job can be can be quite stressful, but I want to see if I can eliminate any enviromental factor that may be causing it.

I went to the SIAN skin clinic in D1, and they put me on vitamin B5 and biotine which is meant to help.

- Has anyone had any similar experiences?
- Do you have any suggestions?
- Is there anything that I could avoid?

Any help would be much appreciated - I'm pulling my hair out! (pun intended)

Thanks,

Ben

How hair challenged are your grandfathers?  Hair loss jumps a generation and I have heard that men have a tendency to have a similarity to their maternal grandfather.
Be aware that the makers of Propecia (generic called finesteride) are being sued because of sexual problems in men.  It was being taken to reverse hair loss.

My brother also has the same problem. His hair loss accelerated since coming back here in Vietnam.
There is no accepted cures for hair loss yet, miracle claims aside.
There are hospitals doing hair transplants in Asia. Bumungrad in Bangkok is probably the most well-known, but they are REALLY expensive.

We are all the same. Western males when they reach around 30 start to lose our hair. I think no matter if you were in the UK, Vietnam or wherever your hair would be going. Just have to grin and bear it. Most women don't care i've found only men.

I wouldn't rule out environmental cause. Agent Orange(Dioxin) was heavily used during the war and still continue to wreak havoc to the soil and water supply. The US gov't acknowledges this and is willing to help clean it up. Read it for yourself:

http://www.thanhniennews.com/index/page … -nang.aspx

You know how animals like dogs shed their hair in the summer time to stay cool when it is so hot outside? Well in Vietnam it does not get cold like in the UK. No need for all that hair anyways. You are shedding hair like a dog. Simple as that. You notice how most Vietnamese do not have body hair right? I just shave my head and go with it....now if the hair would just fall off the rest of my body that would be great!

amberlulu wrote:

I wouldn't rule out environmental cause. Agent Orange(Dioxin) was heavily used during the war and still continue to wreak havoc to the soil and water supply. The US gov't acknowledges this and is willing to help clean it up. Read it for yourself:

http://www.thanhniennews.com/index/page … -nang.aspx

My government has played down it's role in the dioxin debauch and has continually shirked it's moral and ethical responsibility regarding the clean up. 

The agreement is a positive step, but it's only a drop in the bucket when the amount of areas that are contaminated is taken into consideration.

The US Government has named two contractors under a project to remove Agent Orange residue at the Da Nang Airport...

O/P, You're wearing a motorcycle helmet on a regualr basis now, so that could be a contributing factor.

Pollution/stress/change of habits are the most causes of hair loss

Pollution:   allow the skin to breath. Try not to wear a cap or hard hat/helmet all day.
Exfoliate your skin as often as you can. When the give you that cold wet napkin at the restaurants use it. Clean your face neck back and ears.
Hair and scalp; should at least give your hair a good rinse every day(wash away toxins) and even though it not necessary to shampoo everyday you should at lest give yourself a good head message with conditioner to get ride of stress as well a stimulate blood flow circulation that can prevent hair loss. Don't use nails and tell your shampoo girl that next time.
Stress/ environment/ change of diet/hydration. I visited a Cambodian rice village for 3 weeks, lack of food, shelter, clean water, etc. few weeks after I got back home, chunks of hair coming off my upper crown. Starting to grow back now.
Try to relax a few minutes a day, think about good thought and doings. Do things you want to do for meditation. Shit will always happen so don't let that stress you out! Eat/drink good things in moderation that are good for your body
Change of habits
Usually the warmer weather here in V.N. causes faster body blood circulation. Most people will find their nails grow faster as well as their hair (keratin). Big city, a lot of people, traffic and everything that goes with it all. Try to adapt to the situation and environment.
Good health.

Teacher Mark: Your gov't also happens to be my gov't (I pay my fair share of taxes every year). I understand your fustration because it has caused alot of damage to property and people (Vietnamese people as well as US Vets).

Nonetheless, it's a step the in right direction as you mentioned. Vietnam is a beautiful country and I, too, hope its citizens will one day enjoy the same standard of living as we have here in the US.

If you start to loose your hair, then fore sure you will loose it bit by bit in the future. You can reduce your hair loss with proscar (finasteride 1,25 mg daily) and you have to keep taking it every day in the future.

And combine that with Minoxidil 5% (it,s the same as regain, but dont buy regain it,s way over priced) Minoxidil 5% is a liquid you spray on the scalp (or the area were you loose your hair) and the same as proscar (finasteride) you have to keep taking it for the rest of your live.

These product used daily, WILL not give you any new hair, but it will let your remaining hair stay stronger so that it dosent fall of or die easy.
but as one wrote earlier, proscar (finasteride) will make your appetit fore sex fall, because it slows a production of a hormon in your body down (cant remember the name of it) and that hormon, if you have a lot of it natural causes hair loss to men.
Also take a lot of B vitamin, just overdose it by the double as daily recomended, if you get to much in your body you just piss it out, it,s not dangerous to overdose with B vitamin, ask your doctor he/she will say the same.

Remember, the only way you can get your hair back in an area were you have lost it, is hairtransplantation. When something is dead it,s dead.  But also remember if peoble choose to get hairtranplant, there will be scars or small marks (like dods) in the skin in the back or sides of your head were they have taken the hair, so if you later in life get sick (cancer treatment) and your hair will fall of because of the treatment, peoble will see your scar or dods in the skin easy. You can google it and see pictures of peoble how has it, i remember Anders Breivik,s lawyer has it, a big scar in the back of he,s head.
(i wouldnt do a hairtransplantation)

I have followed this procedure fore years i wrote above, and kept a lot of my hair, i tried some years ago to stop fore a while and it startet to fall of again.  Went back to the rutine, and now it,s been the same since.

Hope you can use my advice.   All the best

Take hair loss like a man. I loose still hairs, despite having nothing more left since ages.
Always be reminded, man, having on front head t no hairs - they are thinkers, having on the backside of the head - think, they are sexy, and man, having no hair on the head - ARE SEXY. I am :)

I3ully

If that works fore you, fine.

But that was not the answer he wanted to hear.

He wants to KEEP his hair, not trim it down or shave it
later in life, because of hair loss....

And if you want to keep your hair, well what i wrote is a
good way to do it.

And your still a man, also if you want to keep your hair :)

Kind Regards

There is no cure against hairloss. If you still want to buy, I a happy happy to sell you something, you are about to make me rich man and the hair still will fall out.

change your habit.. that is the only way man :P

Crasher you are right, at least  you say what not road to take. circular scars left by hair plants dont look hansom,seen it. And you offer an alternative to the topic.DNA? X-Y.home chemistry,I think the best way is prevenative.

I think everybody knows that it will eventually fall of in time...
Everything in life dies eventually, BUT you buy time.

Instead of being complete bald as a 35 years old, he can pushed till he,s 50 years old or maybe older....

I know loads of peoble that does the routine as i do, and they all say the same, it stops falling of quick BUT slower...

But i3rully why dont you just google it, millions of men world wide does it. And thousands of doctors says the same, but maybe you know more than thousands of doctors, who have spend many years finding out what is best against hairloss :-)

There are many causes supporting hair loss, including genes. I have seen some people with whatever stuff smearing in, transplantation ...... In fact, they haven't got got a single more per 10 USD +, they have paid for. That's simply not worth it.
As for your "cure", my wife seems to use the same, she does not loose her hair, like I lost my one. :D
In fact, I do have hairs, however, they are that thin and shiny/glassy, so that they only would get visible after quite a length which I don't really like. I have a cut 3 mm each week and despite "no hairs", it's stopply but not really visible.

i empathize with u coz i had hair loss last time and it seems to come back now,i think it's because of lacking of nutrients and the weather too.u can buy the medicine name Vit-hair which produced in France(about 300.000VND/a bow-75 tablets).i see most of people(me,my sister and friends) who eat this kind of medicine all get a good result.

I heard it's the fluoride in the water here. A purifier is probably one to be considered.

Hi Ben, I am the girl and i am having the problem with hairs loss too, it keeps dropping and growing back all the time since years (even when i lived in Dalat for 5 years before) but when i came to Australia for 1 month, it stopped, unbelievable. And now it drops again after one week i came back to Vietnam, so it must be something to do with the climate (humid weather) and environment.

FYI : I took vitamins and mineral supplements, but it never worked, and doctors couldn't help as well. Just think have to move to a dry place then it cured :)

u can  eat Biotin+Vitamin B5 too

Hi, yep hair loss (baldness), is pretty much the worse thing that can happen to us men.

@13ully : I get your point about, "take it like a man".
But baldness have nothing to do with being a "thinker" or "Sexy".

It's a sign of a deficiency, bad diet,smoking, not enough oxygen/iron,sometime even related to the liver.

In Vietnam, a "lot" of peoples have hair related issue..
You could look into Chinese medicine (he shou wu tea),
magnet therapy,exercising,DMSO,MSM.

To me it all come from the inside.

capoupascapquestionmark wrote:

I heard it's the fluoride in the water here. A purifier is probably one to be considered.

yep fluoride is in the water and also in your toothpaste, and a regular water filter(reverse osmosis,U.V), won't remove the fluoride, the only way is to get distilled water or a "expensive" fluoride specific water filter.
I am not sure about fluoride being related to hair loss,
I just know fluoride make you stupid(dumb)and docile.
Fluoride is the main ingredient in Prozac, Rat Poison and in your tap water.