Hawler or slemani?? :)

Hi... Were moving to kurdistan and what city is to prefer?

i was thinkin about childcare, sociallife living etc :)

Hi lenalou and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

A little intro maybe?

Harmonie.

currently we are living in Sulaymaniyah since my husband is working in here. school is ok, my daughter is in sabis sulaymaniyah. but not sure about childcare, most probably theres no childcare. social living...cinema is ok, movies are quite current but other than that...nothing exciting.
but i went to Erbil, around 3 hours drive from Sulaymaniyah and this city is bigger and more exciting. many malls and so ithink there are more things to do in Erbil.

although i hate weekend since there's almost nothing to do in Suly *except going to bazzaar, supermarket, or cinema* but i love its weather :) i came from south east asia which is sunny everyday, so having 4 climates is really exciting for my family *and thank God we're flying back home on summer so we wont feel the middle east heat* ;)

hope it helps.goodluck!

Welcome to Erbil, Sully is located in mountain area and Erbil is flat area, Erbil is bigger than Sully because it is capital of Kurdistan, and it has many malls markets, nice places, a new buildings, companies, foreigners, but the weather in sully is colder than Erbil, feel free if you have any questions.

mamarai,
Is it difficult to find furnished housing in Sulaymaniyah for a 15 month term?  Is it expensive, including the utility costs (electricity, gas, water)?  I need comments on this because if I agree to this contract all costs must be 100% covered by myself, so i need to determine if it will be worth my move from Dallas, Texas USA.  The video's of "Suly" look nice, I am an outdoors person who enjoys cycling and swimming!

Let me know if you have any resources to give me accurate/updated info on cost of living in Suly.

cheers!
/ys

Hi all,

Doe anyone know when the Rolsen Mall and Golden City in Erbil are ready?

Grtz

Lerpje