Shared rooms in erbil/life in Erbil

Hi,

I am thinking about moving to erbil.Actually it s hard to find any flats or rooms throw the internet!Can any of you suggest useful pages where flats/rooms are posted/offered?

Plus I don t no much about the life there?Iheard it they built a lot of new things but the range of activities is not that wide at all.
Do they have gyms there?And what about the nightlife?Are they many expats?
I really appreciate any help!Thanks

Hey Madeleine, just moved to Erbil myself but have found that there is a range of things to do here, not much of what I'd call nightlife but there are a few bars in the Ankawa are and a few upper end restaurants. There is also cafes starting to sprout up that cater toward the expat market. I know of a few gyms but I've heard its more for the locals there is a new one built but don't know if it is open yet. The one thing I have enjoyed is there are the few modern conveniences but still the essence of an old city with the citadel and the old souk(marketplace) in the centre of the city.

hey,thanks a lot for giving me an overview!i really appreciate ur help.What I have heard so fare is that erbil is a city worth to see, so I m sure I will go for it if I got my job there.

Hi Madeleine87

In regard to your questions, Erbil is nice city, and have a lot of tourisms places, and nice malls, for me Erbil is the nicest city in the world, because it is the oldest city in the world still people are living in it, and we have very old castle and (minara) the history of the citadel going back to 6000 years BC, we are growing up quickly and you can see many difference things happened during this past years, like new building, roads, malls, airport, trees, museum and many other things has been established in Erbil, our governorates has many plans for the future,  we will make Erbil look like Dubai after few years, because we have money and lot of oils, so as I mentioned before you can find house for rent easily and hotels too, in Erbil we have more than 80 hotels 5 stars, 4 and 3 stars, and there are a lot of job opportunities here just visit UN.org in Iraq. Welcome to Erbil feel free to ask any questions I'm in Erbil. I have attach citadel's pictures

unjobs.org/duty_stations/iraq/erbil/photos
If you want I have nice pictures for Erbil I can send it to you. And below are some references for hotels in Erbil.
rotana.com/rotanahotelandresorts/iraq/erbil/erbilrotana
erbilinthotel.com/1.html
chwarchrahotel.com/

Dear Madeleine,
you can find beautiful places to live in at place called Ain Kawa, living in Erbil and the cost of renting apartment depends on you budget.

there are gyms which are only devoted to ladies,nightlife is somehow depends on what you are looking for,there is a nightclub(disco)  -where haven't been there myself yet- and few bars in Ainkawa...there are expats,but not as much as i thought...and city will be good to see for several weeks,then i guess it will start to be boring (yawn)

Adding to Roger22,

Divan Erbil hotel schedule to open in last quarter of this year.
It's 5* hotel.
You can have satisfying night life with multi-theme outlets.

Did you land to ERBIL

hello !

Iam travelling to Arbile on the 1st of December or Januart to work in an advertising company.

Iam curious to know about the living there.

IS there good pubs? do they serve alcohol? Is there alot of foreigners and tourists?  Are the locals open minded?  Is there a lot of places to have fun?  Good places for photoshootings?

hi every body

I have been offered a job in Erbil, the sallary is 2500 to 3000$, I don'n know is it a good salary there? I mean can I live well and save? I have no information about the costs of living.
Could u please tell me how much does renting a small apartment cost? briefly how much does living cost approximately per month.

thank you in advance for your answers

Hi !

Good to see that you exploring your chances. Erbil is a good place to live with good & friendly people. This is what I can say living since over 6 years now. Tremendous growth & development.

An apartment can range from $800-1,500 depends on your capacity to pay / location to choose. Quite a modernized city with female exclusive gyms.

Regarding night life, there are quite a lot where you can explore & enjoy. Lots of expats are there with whom you can socialize with.

What kind of job opportunity have been offered? This also depends your living there.

For further clarification do feel free to write. Tc & all the best.

Erbil is an ok place, everything is available, so go for it, i have only been here a month, but enjoyng it, although bring your winter woolies, its turned really cold...............

Hi again

thank you very much for your answer, I'm going to have a trip there to see there by close, then I'll decide.

Hi:

Im living in Erbil, in Ainkawa, nice area, and everything is here, also very safe, im living in an apartment at the moment, but looking around for another place, i would prefer a place with some outdoor area, if anyone knows of anything, please let me know.

Mick

[Moderated: Please post in the housing section]

hi there, i was travel to Erbil,Iraq about two years ago, you ask you'r question..

hi dear how ı can help you about ıraq erbil

Hi Guys,  a friend of mine is in Erbil and looking for an apartment to share and or single, anybody can help please ? If you do pls call at this number 009647718460689 or email ([email protected])

Hello Jamalsuboh -> You should post an advert in the Housing in Iraq section. It shall help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie