Is it safe working in kurdistan or no.

Hi Everyone,
I am siva kumar from India. I have a job offer from hotel Lalezar Sulemaniya Kurdistan. i am confused whether to take up this offer or no seeing the prevailing conditions in Iraq. Can you people suggest is it safe working in kurdistan or no.

safety-wise it's alright, especially down there. nothing will happen leaving kurdistan is quite dangerous though so dont plan on doing that.

Hi Siva,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I created a new topic as from your post on the Iraq forum. ;)

Yes its safety so don't worry, in kurdistan it's absolutely different 👍🏻

Dohuk not currently safe.

Hi, I"m planning on coming to Erbil next weekend, November 14-15th. How much of the Citadel will I be able to see and visit given that it is still under restoration? Also how safe is it for a solo female traveller to be walking around? I'm Asian American.

Kurdistan?
Where is Kurdistan? My map doesnt show any country as Kurdistan!!!

What do you want a death sentence? Why would anyone consider doing such a stupid thing and put your life in danger like that. God don't go

Why in the heck would you even consider moving their. What are you thinking?? Are you looking for a death sentence. For your own protection don't do something so stupid.

All of it is bad.

@shellis73

Perhaps it would help others if you gave information as to why you say it is all bad. This would help others to make an informed decision about heading over.

It's perfectly safe in Kurdistan.  The only thing I would advise you about is being careful about the job and contract because there are some dishonest employers and not a lot of protection you can expect about that.

I don't see why it matters if a map shows a country named Kurdistan.  My map doesn't show a country named Alaska either but I would understand if someone asked about working there.