Surf buddy, friends near Cyber City, and other serendipitous things

Hi fellow ex-pats. I just touched down this morning and will be here for the next 3 months working. I am from California but have been living in France for the past 1.5 years.

My company's office and my apartment is in Cyber City (next to Rose Hill) and I'm wondering if anyone is near by?

I am not sure how easy it is to get around without a car - especially in the evenings - so it would be cool to have adventurous friends with wheels. :)

All that being said I am looking for:
- new friends to pass a good time with (watch the Euro 2012 finals on Sunday?, go on nature excursions, beach days, picnics, dancing, after work drinks, run the Dodo Trail Run 14k on 21 July?...)
- a surfing buddy who has an extra board (smile) I'll ride anything, but would prefer a fish or a fatter shortie (6'0"?)

Voila. Intentions set. Look forward to connecting to some of you soon.

Cheers, Nicole

Hi Nicole,

Welcome to Mauritius, you can check out Metropolis bar and Resturant tonight. It is in Ebane and will be walking distance for you. They have live music and you can meet a lot of people and make friends. Friday nights Metopolis in Ebane and Le Suffren in Port louis are the coolest places to hang out and  nearest to where you live . These are the best places to meet people and make friends on weekends.

Cheers!!!
Terence

any plans for this evening i am heading to metropolis for few beers!! My office is in ebene too
Just let me know if u gonna join in.

or may be next Friday ;)
Cheers!!