Teaching in Kuwait

Hi,

I would like some info about a school in kuwait (shall pm due to privacy) and would like to hear from you experiences teaching and living in kuwait.

Also i would like to teach part time in kuwait. are there demand for personal tutors in kuwait?

Thanks.

Hello jesuniel.

Welcome to Expat.com!

Hope you will soon be adviced.

Aurélie

Can't really help u with ur questions if you are going to be secretive about them.

in order to work in Kuwait, u need to have a job offer in Kuwait. teachers have been known to moonlight as private tutors in the evening, however being a solo private tutor won't work as u need to have a job, like i said previously, to come to kuwait, and part-time professions do not get u residency (which u need to work in Kuwait).

Which school do you need info about?

As Legacy said, you can't work as a tutor in Kuwait. Your employer needs to provide you with a work visa in order to stay in Kuwait.

i got offer from Oxford Academy. They are paying 800KWD with 1 room apartment. Is this a good offer for a teaching position?

also need to know about the school. is this school one of the top international school in kuwait?

That's a decent offer and it's what most teachers are offered, if they provide accomodation and airfare ticket to and from your country of origin.

If you have several years of teaching experience, try to negotiate the salary with them. If it's only your first year, then 800 KD is reasonable.

It's not one of the top schools. I don't know much about the school. You can check out the website: http://www.internationalschoolsreview.com/ and try to see if you can find reviews about that school.