Looking for musicians in Tripoli

Hi,
    I am looking for some musicians to jam and possibly  gig with. I am a drummer and have brought a Yamaha electronic kit out with me to pass the time. It would be nice to hook up with some other musicians and play some rock, jazz or pop music. My preference is music from the 70's and 80's era. I can probably arrange some rehearsal space. There seems to be only one gigging band around here; so I'm sure another one wouldn't hurt.

hi phil...good to hear that... i play guitar and now living in tripoli...the problem is tahat i ahve no guitar with me yet...anyway we can keep in touch
my name is roger and my phone is 0917021438

Roger,
            I'm back in the UK until Oct 31st., but will call you as soon as possible upon arrival back in Tripoli.
         Phil

guys before you come together message me aswell I can join u,I play guitar,keyboard.

I'll try and set something up when I get back next week. At least we could meet and have a chat.
          Phil

I am interested in having a jam. If anyone is interested, we can meet at my place in Janzour on Sat afternoon for a session. let me if anyone is interested - 0917717725.

Hi...that would be fine.I ll call you if i can.
roger

guys, did you manage to arrange anything? Do you need audience? :D we would love to come and listen to a piece of good music here in Tripoli... sure you could be quite a success! :)

I don't know if I can make it this Saturday because of work. Next week should be ok. Let me know. WSe may be able to get something good started here.

Okay guys, let's try Friday afternoon/ evening. Phil is keen.  Anybody interested in playing/ singing/ whatever, give me a ring and I will send you directions. I have a spare 6 string and a spare bass guitar.

Sorry I missed out on Friday, but things are bit hectic right now. I never got an invite for the Oasis Club on Thursday either. I'll try and catch up soon.

does anyone play lute??

Hi all, it is great to know someone interesting in music.
Solitude, in Tripoli i found one teacher and started to learn lute, i am also playing guitar a little bit, lute is really great instrument and difficult to play. i will be so happy to hear your advise about lute, if you have an experiences, or if something that i can help, i will try to help you.
see you all, be safe, and stay with peace.

Hi Phil, after some weeks out of teh country attending my baby's birth (a beautiful daughter) here i am again..i tried to call you but no answer...are u still in tripoli? still interested on playing...the main problem for me is the same...no instruments here...
anyway, call me if you can or post a reply

cheers

roger

There's a small shop on Gargaresh Road which sells all types of musical instruments - as you're driving towards Regatta, it's on the right, a few hundred metres before the wadi bridge/overpass.

And there is a shop selling electric guitars and drums and lutes (?) in the area close to Al Mahari Shop. You go from the Dahra Souq pass Al Mahari and go till the crossroads with the traffic light in the centre. Then you go ahead, on your right there will be something like dentist clinic of Zawyat Al Dahmani district and on your left the orange garbage boxes. Right after them, in the ground floor of a block there is the music shop.

If you go by taxi, tell the driver Fuanis Zawyat Dahmani - this is the cafe that is immediately before the above crossroads.

Good,
thanks all...i see there interest on having a band gigging in tripoli...:)

roger-barcelona wrote:

Good,
thanks all...i see there interest on having a band gigging in tripoli...:)

I think I spotted Robert Plant in the lobby of the Corinthia a few weeks ago. Perhaps he has the same idea? ;):lol::lol:

any audiences needed ?!!!

Hi mate I'm Sergio I play tenor sax if you need one.I will be in Tripoli from the 15th of march
My email [email protected]

Regards
Sergio

Hi Sergio,
          we have some core musicians, but are still looking for others. Some of the guys are out the country right now. When they are back we will be in touch.
          Phil

i would be glad to be your audience :D

OK What have you got so far?

phil10x wrote:

Hi Sergio,
          we have some core musicians, but are still looking for others. Some of the guys are out the country right now. When they are back we will be in touch.
          Phil

I am ready join you guys i can play some basic enstruments pls. keep in touch.

cheers
winafrica

Hi Phil whenever you are ready I am here. Regards Sergio

Me and a friend of mine are interested to join the gig. We both played from different band a couple of years before. Maybe we hang out with you guys..

I am interested in this too. Keep me posted

Can you let the group know when and where you play so we can come and be an audience?  :)

phil10x wrote:

There seems to be only one gigging band around here

really ? who ?

can I join? I play Libyan drum (Darbooka), is that considered a musical instrument? :P