Working in Malta

I am coming to Malta on July 24th for a friends wedding, I am interested in extending it by finding work there...can anyone help?

Thanks
Claire

Hello Claire.

You should tell us more about your professional background.

You can try to post an advert in the jobs in Malta section. It can be helpful. :)

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Hi Claire,

welcome to the forum.

What kind of work are you looking for ?

Cheers
Ricky

Hiya,

I got my job offer while still in my home country but the general vibe I've for from here is that for casual work you will find it easier to look while you are in Malta. Perhaps save enough to support yourself for a month and see how it goes? Although you are an EU national and so shouldn't need a work visa, be aware you can only stay here for three months as a tourist and I don't think you can work - once you have a job I believe you have to apply for residency?

Hi ckeat 1

If you'd like to message me, I can contact you and discuss openings that we have in our Recruitment team. I am primarily looking for people with strong telesales skills, excellent telephone manner but we do provide all other training. Ley me know if it's something that interests you. I have posted a full job spec on the jobs section.

Thanks everyone.

My experience lies with working with children and I run my own dance class.  But I am looking for anything from animation and bar work to a job that involves using my experience.  So if u dont want to apply for residencey, then you have to make sure you leave every three months? Do you think I will find a casual job whilst I'm there...I know I am going mid seasoin so my chances may not be high

If you don't apply for residency then you can only stay for 3 months, however if you want to apply for residency you can do this at any time in those 3 months- after a day, a week or whatever.

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding work in bars/hotels/cafes right now however the pay will be very low. Although the cost of living is also cheap, I'm not sure that sort of work would be enough to live on. I could be wrong tho!

I think HSBC are almost always looking for call centre workers which is about 13k a year which is enough to live on if you get a small place in a cheaper area (not Sliema/St Julians) although you wont be 'well off'.

There are a number of recruitment sites that I'd really recommend like Quad Malta and learn4good- just google them :)

As someone already said, I'd recommend saving up enough to support yourself for a month or two and see how it goes. If it works out you can stay but if not, at least you got a nice long holiday! xx

Thanks all.  If i was to just look for casual work whilst there, how easy is it and safe to find shared accommodation once there?