Just arrived in Beijing and feeling lonely. Looking for friends

Hey all!

I am a college student at Columbia University interning here in Beijing for the summer.  I'm just looking to meet some people here!  Please don't hesitate to email if you would like to get together!

Hello..

Hope that you will enjoy your summer :cool:

All the best
Ammar

I'm from Jersey and lived in Brooklyn before moving here in April. Let's set something up

welcome to Beijing, i'm a beijinger. can i help u?

@susheemonster.  For sure.  When are you available.

@Camelhu.  What's a good place to meet people? Not necessarily going to bars or clubs.  other ways too.

In Tiantan Park, there hundreds of people do  exercise every morning, join a team, speaking to them. maybe u can learn Chinese from them.

hello. how long r u here for?

I'm Tim from Sydney. I was hoping to find some friends to go see some touristy sights together (not just bars/clubs) haha.

I'm here for 2 months!

I will be doing my internship in Beijing too! Will be there for a montth. Still up for some hang out session? I'm from Malaysia

[Moderated]

If you are free on any given Tuesday and want to meet people then join me and other Expat.com members.

You can join QQ or Weibo, it's a great way to meet new people!

or even weixin, just shake it and see what happens

Hi,
I'll be in beijing from this weekend for the rest of the summer.
I'm doing an internship too and would be great to have someone to see the sights with/meet up at weekends with.

I'd also be grateful to hear your experiences when you first got there and how you met people.

Thanks Becky!

Becky hi

Welcome to Expat.com.

I hope you will find many friends here and many ice-breakers.

Contact me if you are interested in any of the weekly Tuesday get togethers or if a weekend at the seaside graps your fancy then see the 4 -5 August thread

Hey! Are you still here? If so I'm also looking for someone to see the city, go shopping or just hang out. Look forward to your reply! Best, Angela