I have arrived in Beijing

Hi All,
After a long wait I have arrived in Beijing, looking for new friends to see the sites and go out, shopping etc..
look forward to hearing from you.
Sarah x

Hi how are u doing? Hope everything is going fine with , I'm from Saudi working as project manager , im in bejing too, I would like to know as friend ,  hope I didn't bother u with my msg.
Wish u all the best

Hi,  i'd love to be your friend and show you around beijing. but i'm a little shy and i only have time on weekends. if that's not a problem, feel free to contact me.
have a good day

Hi! I'm spanish and i'm looking for new friends too.. write me a private if you want to meet me and my friends!

Hey, nice to meet you
Fell free to contact me if you wanna go out !

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to Beijing! What district are you living in? if you want any hints or suggestions of where to go out feel free to ask.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Mahira

Hope u enjoy ur life in beijing ! iam a beijing girl and expect to make friend with u:)

Hi Sarah, welcome to Beijing. Ive been here for nearly a year but always up for meeting new brits ha
If ya need any help or advice, just ask. It can be daunting when you first come here
Gem

Hi

I just got to Beijing a couple weeks ago. Still trying to make new friends as well. I'd love to be your friend. PM me. Thanks.

you are from

France

Hi All,
I am new to Beijing but not new to China. From Singapore and been all around China for the last 14 years. Only 6 months into Beijing.
So if you guys need a walking and talking China travel guide friend, drop me a line.

u can go to mix club,lattebar in Sanlitun...if u guys like to clubbing..
or West Gate of Chaoyang Park-SuzieWong club(tis club have alot of foreign)...

Hi,
I'll be arriving in Beijing this weekend for the summer.
I'm keen to meet people and hear about how you got on when you first came over from the UK and how you met people.

Please let me know if you'd be happy to just have a chat and give me some tips etc.
I'm quite nervous!

Thanks
Becky!

Becky hi

I am also from the UK.

It is natural to be anxious and nervous. It is part of the excitment and andrenlin rush of a new beginning / new adventure.

Please feel free to post any questions you might have either publically on the forum or pm me and I will try my best to help you ease your way into Beijing.

The biggest tips I can give you are

Don't expect everything to be the same as home.

Accept things as they are without trying to compare to preconceptiosn and home habits/ concepts.

If in doubt (ie something is too good to be true / is not logical)use your brain and use the same set of life-skills that got you safely this far.

Oh, and depsite my attempst to persuade the vendors with logic, it is NOT okay to purchase fake products with fake money.

I'm to new to Beijing as well. I just got a job and will be in Beijing August 13th. Looking to meet some new people. Still getting accustomed to the website.

PT_Morgan Welcome to Expat_Blog and Welcome to Beijing

Thank you. How long have you lived in Beijing?

I've been in China since 1998, Beijing since 2003